HUT Pen Logos ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

I just got a HUT catalog and they have little logo kits that affix to the clip or the finial of some of their pen kits. Anybody ordered any of these?? Do they look good or are they sort of "cheap" looking??

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I bought the Navy clips a while back and they were OK but have two considerations. One - make sure you make the top of your pen wide enough to shield the backing plate or it will catch on EVERYTHING...Two, Supergluing that thing on the backing plate is not as easy as it looks!

Randy_

Thanks for the input. Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of finial logos. I'm not real crazy about the logos on the clips....think it is a little "classier" looking on the finial.... whatever that might mean??

What exactly was the problem you had with gluing the logos to the clips??

tipusnr

Too small of an object with NO thickness to speak of and NO rim left NO place for fingers where glue wasn't. Ended up trying to clean CA from surface of emblem after getting fingers loose.

wayneis

I've done several of both the round emblems and the gold initials and all it takes is a very small drop of CA in the middle of the finial and then you just set the emblem on it. DO NOT push down hard on the emblem after you set it on, let it settle by itself. The initials look really nice on the end of the Flat Top series of kits by Berea, and Hut has a version of this kit just can't remember what they call it.

In fact if you want a selling point, then have a few of the different emblems and initials on hand. I usually have the one for Doctors, the scales of justice for the lawyers and of course the cross and fish are a must. I also keep on hand some of the auto emblems, but only the expensive auto's like BMW, Hummer, Viper, Corvette and those types.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom