Hut logo kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Just some info here. My mother in law is big into Day Lillys and there is a huge following that has a lot of cash they like to blow on any thing lilly. That being said, she has been hounding me for a pen with a Lilly on the clip. I suggested these logo kits that Hut sells. It looks like I have to make a drop of close to $500.00 between a custom logo, the final and the pen kits to break even. Now for say a $50 pen, that's 10 kits. I said that a mininum of 15 pre-paid orders before I would even make a go of it.

Now there is one more option that may be there, and that is the laser engraving. I have not had that done either, but I would be stuck with pens that have to be sold to them. The logo kit can have the original final replaced and sold normal.

I would just like some imput. Has anyone had custom logos made before? How good are they as a whole? Any input is welcome, I am just now seriously tossing this around there.

BTW, to give you an idea, my wife sells the Day Lilly seeds that have been custom blended and they will go $10.00 for 5 seeds all day long. Amazing ;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeffj13

Lee,

My experience has been that most women (my wife included) aren't interested in spending $50 for a pen The only women that I have sold pens to at a price even approaching that, were pens for their husbands. [Note: This has been my experience, not necessarily reality for everyone].

I think the laser engraving idea sounds interesting. Since you can engrave only what you need, you don't have the big upfront expense of a custom logo.

jeff

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
The logo clips look like an advertising pen to me(read cheap)
You still ahve to glue the picture on the disc.
Make a pen and get someone to paint it or take a stab at painting it yourself.
You could also "decpage a liliy on the pen using a picture of a particular variety she likes.CA it on and finish with CA.

Firefyter-emt

Hmmm... Eagle, you could onto something.

The only way I would even put in the order is if I had enough pre-paid orders to cover all my costs first.

I am not a fan of the logo clips, but I think that the final cap is rather nice looking if you want something like this.
pf2.gif

Rifleman1776

The logo clips do come with the logo needing fixing to the clip. The first ones I did, I used CA and the logo adhered instantly but, unfortunately, crooked. I would suggest, if you do this, to use a slower curing glue, like epoxy, and have a setting tool for the logo. By that I mean a small dowel with wax to hold the (tiny) logo for accurate setting. Personally, I agree, they look like advertising. Also, I believe they are a bit overpriced, especially when you have to do the final manufacturing step yourself. A betting approach might be laser engraving the pen and having it color filled with picture of choice. e.g. a daylilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom