Hut Logo Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

I'm looking at the Metal & Domed Logo Kits that appears in the latest Hut Products catalog - - would like to try a few - but I'd prefer to stay with the same supplier to avoid unnecessary purchase of bits and bushings.

Does anyone know what CSUSA pen kits would be compatible with the Hut Logo clips for the:

Hut -Traditional Pen Kit
Hut -Ameroclassic Pen Kit
Hut -Eurostyle Pen Kit

I continue to be amazed at the expertism available on this forum.

Thanks

Gordon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Hi Gordon. I see you are a new member.
This is a great forum and due to Jeffs tweaking has an EXCELLENT search feature.
I had remembered that Frank posted a pen he made using this accessory.
You might want to read this thread as it gives his (unbiased and objective) opinion of the logo kit.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3597&SearchTerms=republican,
I had also looked into using this as a foot in the door for business.
Have not made a descision yet.

Mainebowlman

I was looking at some military clips such as on this site: http://www.gettysburgflag.com/LapelPins.html ...to see about customizing some pen clips. Do any of you have ideas for <u>attaching </u>pins like these to pen clips? I figure that there's a whole market out there that would be interested in pens with their logo or a design on the clip (Red Hat Ladies, military, fraternal groups, angel lovers, etc.). I'm still searching for pins, earrings, etc. that are good enough quality but at the lowest cost.

So far I'm thinking about using JB Weld to attach them. Would solder work? I know it has to be <u>really </u>secure. I thought about drilling a small hole in the clip to receive the lapel pin stub. Any ideas appreciated. I'll keep you informed on any progress.

Jack

alamocdc

Jack, solder would work, but BOTH materials have to be solderable and many of the plated pen parts are also epoxy coated (and maybe the pins themselves). This would present a problem. JB Weld makes a very strog bond, but the surfaces have to be roughed up enough to get the bond and the fit would have to be pretty meticulous to look right (no extra JB goo). Just based on my experience with both mediums.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I discuused this with my jewler friend and though anything hay be possible it was recently mentioned by a member that a laser engraving would make a nicer presentation than the addition of an ornament to the clip.
I believe if the selcected ornament was chosen with taste and not over power the design it "could" work.
Jb weld might do it but I would persure the soldering and replating first.

Randy_

Originally posted by Mainebowlman
<br />I was looking at some military clips such as on this site: http://www.gettysburgflag.com/LapelPins.html ...to see about customizing some pen clips.

Jack: Do you know how big those emblems are?? I looked at the web site and did not see any dimensions listed. It's hard to know for sure; but I would guess all of those items might be too big for pens???

Mainebowlman

Yes, Randy, I do have some concerns about the size of the pins. I'll do some emailing with that question in the hopes vendors will respond.

As far as mounting, I guess I just have to get my feet wet, but was hoping to get a more advanced starting point based upon current group knowledge.

As I said, I'll keep you posted.

Jack

GlennM

This is something I have been thinking about also. The most recent issue of <u>Woodturning Design </u> has an article about making a decorative wood clip in lieu of the std metal one that comes with the kit. I have been thinking about making a few wood clips and attaching a pin to that. I'm not sure if it is more work and bother than prepping and solidering the pin to a metal clip. Anyone have any opinions on going this route?

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
IMHO, trying to solder or JB Weld base metals is inviting disaster, sooner rather than later. Consider using standard clips and having the emblem laser engraved on the pen.

jenamison

Not sure how detailed you can get with this stuff or if your even interested, but some people have been making custom pen clips out of that precious metals clay...sorry don't have a site...but if you were able to make a master die to press the clay with them bake it, only silver would be let. Not real sure of what metals are available and sorry to be so vague, but popped in my head, maybe this stuff may work.

Randy_

Originally posted by Gordon
<br />...Does anyone know what CSUSA pen kits would be compatible with the Hut Logo clips for the:

Hut -Traditional Pen Kit
Hut -Ameroclassic Pen Kit
Hut -Eurostyle Pen Kit

Gordon: Hut is a reseller if I have been informed correctly. Can't answer your question specifically; but I think those HUT kits you mentioned are actually Berea kits???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom