Hurricane Wood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeatact

Since I live in Florida and the Subject of Hurricane(s) is in the news again with one passing shortly, I went out to check the wood from the oak trees in my yard from last years storms. Seem all dry so I made this pen from a piece.

slimoak.jpg

I have made several others also and some keychains. Wood has a nice wood pattern in my opion.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Joe, wat to use the wood from hurricanes. I remember the tshirts from other storms - I Survived __________. Perhaps a sales catch with that engraved?

tipusnr

Nice pens. I like the enclosed knots. I see you have the same problem that I do with woods where I don't completely seal the grain. The finish catches in the grain and turns white. I had trouble trying to rub it out and then just started using the pen and the oils in my hand solved the problem!!

joeatact

Thanks check the pictures again I resaved the picture without as much sharpening of the image which causes those white spots. There are still some smaller ones but I don't have an orginal anymore. Its much better now, I don't have them on the actual pen.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom