A Huge Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalSteve

I know this is preaching to the choir, but for anyone that hasn't done business with Bill at Arizona Silhouette, do yourself a favor and give it a try. You will be pleased.

Just got my first order from AS and everything went great. Ordered over the web so I didn't get to deal with them in person, but wow. The order was shipped quick and for once shipping charges were exactly the same as the shipping cost. Even had a couple of extras thrown in (a piece of curly maple and a piece of desert ironwood).

Couldn't wait and had to turn a Tru-Stone Baron. I think it went pretty well. First acrylic that I haven't blown out on the drill press or ruined on the lathe.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=879&cid=947#

So, if you're out there Bill, thanks! You will be seeing my name again. And again!

Oh, and everyone else gets a thanks also. The buffing wheel and white diamond have made a great improvement to the finished product.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

Hi Steve...we saw you sneaking those pictures in your album tonight...they looked great! Let us see more. And yes, BB is a great person to do business with.

jkirkb94

I'm glad that you found out about Bill!![:D] I also noted your change in you pen photos!!! From scanner to camera? I really like the lighting in you newest pix and what looks like a slight muted contrast? [?] I really got to get a decent digital camera with good macro settings!!! Kirk[8D]

SoCalSteve

Kirk-

Actually, I have never even tried the scanner. Always been a photographer. The change was that I used a RedWing Cocoon at first with photo floods and no background of any kind. The more recent photos are the result of being lazy. Just a photo flood or two and a background of some sort. The Cocoon diffuses the light and evens it out. Will have to assemble the Cocoon this weekend and try it with a background. Should work pretty well, although setting up backgrounds inside the thing can be a challenge sometimes, which is why I didn't in the first place.

woodscavenger

I echo the compliments about BB. Everytime I order he has put in a few extra blanks. These are woods I would probably not have ordered. I just fininshed desert ironwood Baron FP (photos pending) and it is awesome! I am addicted to new wood types now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom