howto put names on pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

justin

i havean order that the buyer want me to see if i can ingrave a name on the pen.SO HOW DO I DO IT ????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

There are several engravers here at the IAP. Probably, there are local engravers in your area. You'll probably get several responses from engravers in this thread, if not, post a new thread like, "I need engraving work on pens."

Old Lar

I can recommend the guy that engraves for me. He is reasonable and dependable and does a great job.. Let me know if you need contact into.

pinelumber

Get it laser engeraved

Get it laser engraved. I just finished a large order my laser engraver charged me $5.00 per pen 4 lines of lettering and a detailed logo on the barrel.

Dennis
Pine Lumber:RockOn::bananen_smilies104:

ctubbs

That transfer pen was brought up some time back and the reviews were not favorable in the least. What you want is what you have read above. Quality work needs quality work. Hire a laser engraver to do the job. That will be money well spent.
Charles

dexter0606

it is far superior to the silly transfer pens

Landon
I personally don't see a problem at all with a properly applied decal and CA finish. You get basically the same result, cheaper, and it looks just as good. Plus it keeps the feel of the pen "smooth"
Nothing wrong at all with a decal if done correctly

Akula

Landon
I personally don't see a problem at all with a properly applied decal and CA finish. You get basically the same result, cheaper, and it looks just as good. Plus it keeps the feel of the pen "smooth"

Nothing wrong except the customer requested engraved

My problem is time...used to send everything out to be done, then got lucky and had a local shop do some, now it seems they are too busy (always happens around little league time...but they will go into begging for customers when all the trophy's are done), so once again it's in the mail for mine. Local 1 or 2 day wait gets expanded into a week or more. I really wish someone would do them around here. Now I only get them done if requested or a special item needs that extra touch

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Landon
Decals and those silly heat transfer pens are not the same, apples and oranges. I agree a properly applied and finished decal is a perfectly good thing. I've yet to see but only one example of that transfer pen looking like anything I would want to admit to making. I'm sure there is an application for it but I think it is far from the best choice.

Padre

There are some folks here on IAP that do EXCELLENT laser engraving.

dexter0606

Decals and those silly heat transfer pens are not the same, apples and oranges. I agree a properly applied and finished decal is a perfectly good thing. I've yet to see but only one example of that transfer pen looking like anything I would want to admit to making. I'm sure there is an application for it but I think it is far from the best choice.

My apologies Landon
I incorrectly assumed that you were referring to decals. I looked at the link for the transfer tool and after seeing it I now know what you were talking about. And I agree!

PenMan1

Most of the engraving equipment at better jewelry stores will work just fine on wood. They charge a nominal fee and many can do it while you wait.

its_virgil

It is hard for me to believe that there is only one laser engraver in the greater Houston/Baytown/Galveston area. Find another one. I just googled "seabrook texas laser engravers"...you are lucky, I do only have one where I live.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

My problem is time...used to send everything out to be done, then got lucky and had a local shop do some, now it seems they are too busy

65GTMustang

JUSTIN - I see you live in Fair Play...
I am in Taylors - East Side of Greenville.
If you want to have the pen Laser engraved there is a couple that live in Taylors that I take my items too.
If you want to make the drive up and work with them Let me know and I will get there contact info.
Kevin

nava1uni

I use KallenshaanWoods.com and they have a very quick turn around, even though they are in another state. They are quick to respond and do beautiful work.

Top Bottom