How Would You Do This?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

I made a Noveau Sceptre pen tonight. I used a pheasant blank. My general rule is the pen should be assembled keeping in mind that the nib is down and the clip up. Basically how it would ride in a shirt pocket. Most blanks it doesn't matter which direction the blank faces. But there are a few where you want the proper orientation. The problem with the Noveau Sceptre ( and there are others) is that the cap can be screwed to either end. I agonized over which direction to have the feathers pointing. I finally decided to assemble with the feathers all facing the same way (tail feathers to the top) when the cap is screwed onto the tail. I think it looks good that way. Just curious as how members who have worked with feather blanks would have done this?

Seven

StuartCovey

I have never done a pheasant blank, but when matching the barrels on a screw cap pen I usually orientate it as if the pen were closed.

Jim Burr

Banned
I think that kit is a triple start, if that is the fact, then you have three chances to line it up when screwing the cap on. The tail...hmmm....

Top Bottom