How to tell when you've got it bad.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gomeral

As some of you know from my introduction, I've turned a dozen pens and now begins the "hey, I can probably make a little money doing this" phase. I've been ordering some supplies and getting excited...all the standard stuff. It's fun, and the anticipation is just such a great feeling, I'm all smiles on my way home from that place I have to go to during the day so I can afford my hobbies.

Well, now I know I'm actually addicted to this pen turning stuff because my PSI order arrived today and I'm psyched that it came with a catalog - now I have something to read in bed! :rolleyes:

daniel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

george

There is not a single book in the world (not even the "Lord of the rings"), I would prefer over a catalogue of turning supplies, specialy the pen kit section.

Gomeral,
I'm right there with you. I've turned 17 pens and think I'm getting the hang of it. Some look really good, others were experiments in shapes. All were finishing practice:redface:. I've given away most of them and had one sale. A slimline for $20 that a coworker 'just had to have'. My 'facilities' are full of catalogs and turning books of all kinds and occasionally my legs will even fall asleep on me :eek: (sorry if TMI)...

Gregory of IThinkI'mInLove,WithALathe Forest

GouletPens

You know it's really bad when you start taking your catalogue instead of the newpaper to the "terlet".:beer:
On the tank of my john sits a PSI, Grizzly, CSUSA, and Woodcraft catalogues, plus American Woodturner and Popular Woodworking. Let's just say I look forward to my morning routine:biggrin:

Top Bottom