how to put words onto pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

Could you be a little more specific?

I use a corrosive like acid to dissolve the rest of the metal pen surrounding the letters.

Wood turners either use decal stickers, engraving, cnc routing etc etc

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I would think it would depend on the effect you desire. I have had commercial lazer inscription done on a acrylic wedding pen, but if it's a cheap cartoon illustration, I would probably save money and just do a decal. And here comes BradG with another way. :) :) I guess I hadn't thought about what type of material you would be lettering. I would not recommend one of the little red vibrator buzzies, that makes your hand tingle and runs all over the place!!!!! :) :) :)

Last edited:

Paul in OKC

If wood or acrylic, lazer engraving. Find a local trophy shop and check with them. If it is acrylic, you will most likely need to fill it in with some color as it doesn't show up well, just has a frosted look.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
As mentioned, find a trophy shop. I found one (when I lived in Indy) that engraved everything I took to them. After engraving, I filled it with Rub n Buff from art supply store. One thing though.....it will fill EVERY little scratch on the surface. Make sure you have a perfect finish before using it. DAMHIKT :redface:

There may also be a member here on IAP who can engrave it for you.

Top Bottom