How is it possible

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike Powell

Good Morning guys,

I have had a problem for the last couple of weeks. Maybe someone can help me out.

Im not sure how this works, but the rod on my mandrel is unscrewing while I am using it. The reason I dont understand this is the head stock spins the opposite direct from the mandrel threads..

Is there a way to fix this other than TBC?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
CA is to brittle for that application IMHO, try some blue Loctite...or which ever one of the two can be "un-locked"

Krash

Good Morning guys,

I have had a problem for the last couple of weeks. Maybe someone can help me out.

Im not sure how this works, but the rod on my mandrel is unscrewing while I am using it. The reason I dont understand this is the head stock spins the opposite direct from the mandrel threads..

Is there a way to fix this other than TBC?

I have the same problem. If you are using the mandrel saver and still have the knurled nut that came with the mandrel, you could put it on the mandrel head side of the rod and lock it down by screwing it back against the mandrel head.

Mike Powell

Thanks Guys, Ive been meaning to pick up some lock tight.

I tried the knurled nut, but for some reason mine will not thread on correctly. I do use a mandrel saver now, and I thought that was the issue, because it didnt start happening until I started using it. I will give tightening up the saver a bit more.

Thanks for the advise.

Top Bottom