How much would this cost???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

Okay, so I'm at a point that I want to have some custom pen cases made and I'm wondering what something like the you see below would cost...or SHOULD cost. I know I could probably do this myself, but I think it's better to give business to others who have the talent and ability. I can always learn later to make a display case later. So...what should a pen case like this run and who's the mad scientist on the forum that can do it...without the logo and engraved plate? Any ideas?

3064333726_1a94902f43.jpg

Thank you kindly...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LeeR

Tim,

Have you looked online, like at Woodcraft or other wood store? I've seen a lot of pen boxes on several sites. Oris it that you need them a specific size and so it has to be custom made?

DrPepper8412

My 2 cents...DONT get boxes that aren't made for your pens eg: generic ones from woodcraft or the like. Ken from Kallenshaan woods has some great ones with special inserts, but seriously, I had the biggest hassel trying to fit my pens into generic boxes for a HUGE order that I couldn't mess up. Took me almost 3 months to deal with it.

RSidetrack

In simple terms, the cost would be high. I myself could make a box like that and would probably charge $30-$50 for the labor and material - but then to produce them in quantity.... You would need a place that could do a bulk order. They would have the CNC machines that they could set up and just pop them off in an assembly line fashion. Also - it should be designed for your pen, so that would add another hitch. For every style kit you would want to have a custom insert made as well.

wiset1

In simple terms, the cost would be high. I myself could make a box like that and would probably charge $30-$50 for the labor and material - but then to produce them in quantity.... You would need a place that could do a bulk order. They would have the CNC machines that they could set up and just pop them off in an assembly line fashion. Also - it should be designed for your pen, so that would add another hitch. For every style kit you would want to have a custom insert made as well.

Yeah, I was thinking something around this range. I pay $11 for the Bubinga display case on PSI and it fits my Majestic kits used, but again...something different...made in America, and supporting others on the site would be my goal. 2 or 3 at a time and slowly work into inlay materials, but for the most part just looking for something different.

Thanks everyone.

OKLAHOMAN

I had Curtis (Mesquiteman) make a few of these for me. Will hold all the Jr. series and all the larger, types , has a place for refills or ink pumps, and are not so big as to take up half the desk. You might want to contact him. These were mesquite and walnut if I remember correctly.

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3180-1.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg

wiset1

I had Curtis (Mesquiteman) make a few of these for me. Will hold all the Jr. series and all the larger, types , has a place for refills or ink pumps, and are not so big as to take up half the desk. You might want to contact him. These were mesquite and walnut if I remember correctly.

Roy, these look great to be sure; however, I'm looking for something that is a display itself and looks like the end all, be all so to speak. In my line of work I've been able to meet some really cool people of interest and being able to present a pen in a case that looks like it's holding 100 year scotch is what I'm looking for. The MontBlanc case has a quiet elegance to it that is polished and looks like it holds a gem inside...that's more of the look I'm going for. If I had Curtis make one I woud have to request his cast/wood ones! THOSE look AWESOME!!!!:biggrin:

wiset1

Hehehe....I know what you're trying to do and I love it! :cool::biggrin:

SShhhhhhh, no give-zee out-zee's!

I have to finish things up Jonathon and Ed and Dawn came through for me tonight with the other material so it's game on. I had to change the design a bit because the scallop thing is getting old for me. Finished 3 today and I'm spent on these things...time to move on to something else...signature pens, blah, blah, blah...got to do something else with a different look:biggrin:

RSidetrack

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3180-1.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg

I really liked this box - so I had to have a go at it myself - and the box came out good - but wow I suck at putting a felt liner down for the pen! Very lovely box! I think I am going to try and come up with something a tad easier for me lol.

I am going to have a go at making a box like what the OP showed - we will see how that goes.

Top Bottom