?how much should I charge for moose antler darts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_Seward

A repeat customer (5-6 pens every week) has asked me to make a set of 3 darts for him using moose antler. I paid $11.80 for the kit and about $10 for the piece of moose antler that I need for 3 darts.

?How much should I charge for the finished product?

As a side-note, this is only my 4th month turning, and my 2nd month selling my product. I've never made or sold darts before just pens and bottle stoppers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Why don't you use the same pricing you apply to your pens?? That should work out the same way. Most people use a general approach like costs times 3 or so.

Originally posted by Dave_Seward
<br />A repeat customer (5-6 pens every week) has asked me to make a set of 3 darts for him using moose antler. I paid $11.80 for the kit and about $10 for the piece of moose antler that I need for 3 darts.

?How much should I charge for the finished product?

As a side-note, this is only my 4th month turning, and my 2nd month selling my product. I've never made or sold darts before just pens and bottle stoppers.

dpstudios

I make & sell quite a few sets of darts everycouple of months & get $60.00 a set including a hard case & an extra set of flights.
Dan

alamocdc

Dave, I price turned goods out using a simple formula (entered in a MS Excel spreadsheet). It's simply kit cost + blank cost x 4. Using this formula your darts would price out at $87.20. Dropping the constant to 3 gives you $65.40. Just some ideas. This place has cases starting at ~ $8.80. http://tinyurl.com/ad45j That's abot as cheap as I've seen them.

dpstudios

Dave,
I can't remember where I got mine. Do a google search for dart supplies & you'll come up with a ton of sites. They were cheaper than Billy's though. sorry Billy
Dan

dpstudios

Just did a search myself & came up with this site. I think it's where I baought before.
http://www.a-zdarts.com/cs/casesmain.asp
Prices start at $3.00
Good luck
Dan

Randy_

Dave: Does your customer want these darts for himself or for a third party? If he wants them for himself, I would be tempted to do them for him as a gift. Good customers should know they are appreciated and he sounds like a very good customer!!

If he is using the darts, himself, he is probably in some sort of a league and will, likely, show off his/your darts to a lot of people. There is a real possibility that you could get a bunch of orders from that one gratis set. Give the guy some of your business cards along with the darts and see what happens!!

saltwein

Hey All,

Never turned or sold darts, is there a big market? It would seem that if they were used on a regular basis they would inevitably suffer from cracks (?) especially antler.

Regards, Steve

HuskyDriver

Thing about turning darts is that they can be weighted. You have to find out how much the user wants them to weigh and then make all the darts in the set weigh the same. My set came with some lead wool that can be placed in the tube before assembly. Some players like a heavy dart and some like them light.

Greg

Scottydont

<br />Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it alot! I might just give the darts to him as a gift.

I think gifting them is a great practice especially if he is buying 5-6 pens a week. Make sure and let him know what they sell for. You might just get some repeat orders for those too!

alamocdc

Originally posted by eddiek9
<br />They were cheaper than Billy's though. sorry Billy
Dan

No problem, Dan. I'm a dart thrower and only posted what I'd be willing to own. I only did a quick look and may well have missed a better option. [;)]

myname1960

<br />Where would I find a case for my darts?

Dave,
Try this site. They have over 750 flights and over 20 different cases for darts. They carry accessories as well. You can even get a free catalog and newsletter if you choose too. Hope it helps or at least gives you ideas. The link is a direct link to the dart section.

http://www.poolndarts.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/Catalog.Category/categoryID/156.cfm?CFID=1659510&CFTOKEN=a896a43ba9cfbc25-D35F2F6D-D61C-4F06-B60FDA5DB81B8AD8

Take care and remember to show us a pic of your finished set.

Chris

Efletche

I made two sets a few weeks ago for my niece and a friend of my mothers. One set was from Amboyna burl (incredible looking) and the other set from Brazilian Cherry. They have taken them to the sports bar where they shoot regularly. Now, I have 5 more orders to do at $60.00 a set, not including a box.

DWK5150

Now, I have 5 more orders to do at $60.00 a set, not including a box.

Congratulations! Im working on my first set for myself. Hopefully I can get them done this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom