how much bigger?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_1853

How much bigger is the Berea European pen that takes parker refills than the CSUSA euro using cross refills.

A lady at work wants a pen for her boyfriend. She wants something with Mascasar Ebony. She said the cigar was too big and the slimline was too small. I said that a European would probably be about the right size. I have made several of the CSUSA Euro's but have never been too impressed with them. I've never liked the tenon as my results on the final fit can very. Also, I would rather use a parker refill.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Pat, I find that the Berea Euro is about the same size as a Mont Blanc... I like the size (and so do my customers) better than the cross Euros.. I also think the mechanism is better.
To put is in short terms.. it is a bit larger in diameter and has a better hand feel, IMHO..

patrick_1853

Would this fall in as smaller than a Cigar? I was looking a little closer at the cigar pen I have at work and noticed that its not so much that its a real big pen, its just that its top heavy.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Definately smaller than a cigar... bottom barrel is about 1/2" at the centerband and top barrel is about 5/16" at the centerband... all in all a nice pen to write with.. well balanced..

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Unless you are looking for a euro design,smaller than a cigar bigger than a cross style euro...
Perfect Fit! at Arizona silouhette.It does require you to turn down to the tube, but it can be done in the early stages and sand to final dimensions of the bushings.
You can alter the aigar a little for overall width,thought you cannot do much about the nib end" I'll try to make one in the next couple of days and post it.
I need another
"Customization" project anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom