How to mess up a Cactus Blank!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

tweetfaip

With much anticipation I finally got around to trying the cactus blanks I had gotten from Curtis. I knew I would need to color the tube and maybe the inside of the hole. Well, I thought "I bet I can get away with just coloring the tube. Seems like I have read that will work." So, I color it with a black permanent marker, let it dry, glue it in with CA and...Oh No!

20071211026_Cactus%20oops.jpg

The CA apparently reacted with the marker and in spots made white "clouds" and in other spots wore off and let brass show through. [xx(]

So, note to self and others - Don't do this!. Next time I paint tube and hole with spray paint.

Happy New Year!

Eric

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Eric,
A valuable, albeit expensive lesson. I wouldn't give up on those blanks though...could still look interesting to the right buyer.

M

Mudder

Curtis said they were Guaranteed even if you screw them up so I think you might want to take him up on his 1/2 price offer that was stated in this thread.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20122

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Yes, they are indeed guaranteed even if you screw one up. I contacted Eric within minutes of his post, offering to send him another one and am waiting to hear back from him. Thanks for pointing this out to him as a reminder, though!

tweetfaip

I do plan on taking Curtis up on his 1/2 price offer. The end results look to be too good to pass up. I just hope to keep anyone else from making the same mistake.

Eric

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />Yes, they are indeed guaranteed even if you screw one up. I contacted Eric within minutes of his post, offering to send him another one and am waiting to hear back from him. Thanks for pointing this out to him as a reminder, though!

Very classy, Curtis!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Thanks for the comments guys but I really don't need a pat on the back. I just like to see my customers end up with a finished pen for thier money rather than just a blank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom