How many snake skin pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

Got these pictures from a friend. How many snake skin pens could we make out of these.
Florida Power &Light Working At Orlando Intern'l Airport
After seeing this I would definitely want hazardous duty pay!
Just another day at work in the beautiful Florida Sun!!! A Florida Power &Light crew putting in lines for an addition to the Orlando International Airport found the following in a culvert they were using...
http://community-2.webtv.net/karenlprince/AMUSTSEE/index.html

200782321447_Aligator.jpg

The gator is/was 18' 2" long.
The rattlesnake roundup totaled 87.
FP&L shared these pictures.

200782321347_87%20Snakes.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by Stevej72
<br />As big as the gator is I was wondering if my little Beretta .40 S&W would even phase it.

A .40 S&W would probably just tick off a gator that size. Their neural ganglia(brain) is only about the size of a tennis ball, so the rest is all skull.

Gators favorite food herabouts is poodle. They don't tend to attack people, unless you get in the way, or are the only thing about when they're hungry.

I don't mind the gators, they were always an "occupational" hazzard growing up, well so were the snakes, but me and Indiana Jones feel the same way about snakes... I say lets make them all into pens!

Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />OMG!!! That gator is HUGE! And the snakes look really cool all tangled up like that. I wounder how they killed the gator, maybe with the backhoe?[:D]

Usually they tape the gators up and relocate them. I don't remember if the state is still doing it now, but we used to have gator hunting licenses and a gator season, and I don't mean during college football for UofF.

It's Poodle season! (Georgia Bulldogs)
It's Gator season!
Poodle season!
Gator season!

A .40 S&W, or any other 10mm, for that matter, will assuredly take out that gater. Its all about shot placement. Personally, I prefer a .45 Long Colt----if you inadvertently fire in an unsafe direction, you can run ahead and warn everyone its coming. ....oh, yeah, and its not a "spray and pray" proposition with a revolver, either!

Firefyter-emt

www.snopes.com/photos/animals/culvert.asp

This is old guys, like 2003 old. They are real photos, but not as told...

The sad part is that the culverts are not even close to being the same. One is a large cement one and the other is the typical plastic water drain stuff.

Originally posted by LostintheWoods
<br />A .40 S&W, or any other 10mm, for that matter, will assuredly take out that gater. Its all about shot placement. Personally, I prefer a .45 Long Colt----if you inadvertently fire in an unsafe direction, you can run ahead and warn everyone its coming. ....oh, yeah, and its not a "spray and pray" proposition with a revolver, either!

Um, Short of having my Anatomy of Alligators book with me at all times, and choosing your shot placement, just where exactly would you aim? Yes, center of mass is the choice for those walking upright...

For a safe dispatch of a critter that big and with the type of disposition that they have, why would you even consider a handgun for the deed? Short of something like a Thompson Contender chambered in a HP rifle round?

I have both the .40S&W and 10mm firearms. Have fired many, many, many rounds through them, I still would chose a <b>BIGGER </b>weapon, to dispatch a gator that size, and a little bit of distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom