How many blanks in this burl?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I was at a local lumber co. to pick up a few boards and they had just received these two buckeye burls. Notice that those are stacks of plywood sheets behind them. The lady waiting on me said the burl was as big as a VW Beetle, imagine the size of the tree. I didn't ask how much they are asking for them but they have 3" slices of giant sequoias that have been there for a long long time and they are $1950.00 each.
WB

Attachments

• Buckeye Burl.jpg
    Buckeye Burl.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 311
  • Buckeye Burl 2.jpg
    Buckeye Burl 2.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 254
  • Buckeye Burl 3.jpg
    Buckeye Burl 3.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Buckeye is tricky because of all the voids. I've been disapointed at the amount of usable timber every time I've bought a burl from Buckeye. I do have some nice WW stock though.:rolleyes:

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
As mentioned, they had just unloaded these and where they were sitting I couldn't get good light for better pics but it was beautiful. It almost looked like the top one had been polished and the edges were all smooth and rounded. I'll be back there in a couple of weeks and will see if I can get more info such as price and where it came from. Ain't this a fun addiction? Grown ups getting all excited over a big hunk of wood, I love it.
WB

Top Bottom