How to explain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I gave an elegant beauty to someone in december and they called me a couple days ago. They say it keeps coming unscrewed in their pocket, or the nib comes out.

They are carrying it in their pants pocket. I tried to explain that it is probably the binding and leg movement that is causing the problem and these were shirt pocket pens. I will take a look at it but I don't think I will be able to do anything with it.

Is there a way get it to tighten tighter? I doubt it but thought I would ask.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenMan1

The Berea Elegent Beauty Sierra clip assembly doesn't press in tightly enough to keep it together. Loctite Thread Sealant or a drop of 5 minute epoxy fill fix this issue.

crabcreekind

This is the problem with twist sierra's they are notorious for coming unscrewed in the pocket. There is no way to fix this because that is how you get the refill out. I try to stick to just click's now. Sorry i couldnt help

Haynie

Which are finial twists? I think I like that idea

I am not overly impressed with Berea models. I can press the finial end on with my fingers.

I will try the blue loc-tite when I see this person. They are not willing to mail me the pen. They want me to pick it up the next time I am in town.:mad: I won't go into my feelings on that one

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Which are finial twists? I think I like that idea

I am not overly impressed with Berea models. I can press the finial end on with my fingers.

I will try the blue loc-tite when I see this person. They are not willing to mail me the pen. They want me to pick it up the next time I am in town.:mad: I won't go into my feelings on that one
Le Roi, Gatsby, Elegant Beauty (Dayacom's version) Majestic Squire, Le Roi Elegant are finial twist. I think there might be a couple of others that are takeoffs of the Gatsby but I don't know the names or exactly who has them.

Last edited:

jlord

Next time you see him bring the blue Loctite with you. Unscrew it & apply a small amount on the threads It doesn't take much. Screw it back together & tell him not to use it for a little while to allow the Loctite to set up. No need to take the pen back with you. It will stay together until he needs to change the cartridge. You can even use this on the nib end if that's a problem also. I make this a habit on all twist style pens now as it has happened to me. Sierras, Wall Street II's, Cigars, etc. Not one has come loose yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom