How does one fix a loose transmission?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikeschn

Okay, so it wasn't a good day here. I've never successfully done a Wobali Pen. I thought I'd try again today. I did a Graduate kit. I turned it okay. But when I pressed the transmission in, it went in way too far. So I knocked out the tip, and knocked out the transmission. Then I reassembled it using Locktite Blue. That was a mistake. The transmission no longer turned. So I knocked out the tip again, and when I knocked out the transmission, my pen shattered. Yea, so I'm not happy.

How does one fix a loose transmission?

Mike...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikeschn

Attachments

• H_DSCN0466.jpg
    H_DSCN0466.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

magpens

Well, just between the two of us, I suggest you find a new source for blanks !

Chasper

Buy a new kit, use the transmission, throw away the rest, consider it a lesion learned.

KenV

Mike

Have you heard of the "oops ring"?

Trim the broken section to the tube with a parting tool. Just skim off the glue.
Leave a straight edge. Drill a scrap piece longer than the now bare tube. Glue it on place with a tight joint. Re-turn the barrel and add a new transmission.

Good skill builder

mikeschn

Well it's taken a while to get back to this pen, but today was the day.

I turned a new lower blank, and used a new transmission. This time it went together without any wobbles!

I like it. I actually like the Wobali blank, it's a very unusual combination of colors and depth!

Mike...

Attachments

• DSCN0472a.jpg
    DSCN0472a.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 166
Top Bottom