How does the Baron Relate to the Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick_1853

A lady at work has shown interest in a fountain pen, but I showed her a Baron Rollerball and she said the metal section you hold on to while writing (brain ain't workin right now or I would use technical term) is too small to hold comfortably. Is the part in reference about the same size on both the Jr Gent/Statesman and Baron? If so I think I will have to make either a Gentlemans or Statesman. I'm trying to decide if I should get in on the group buy or not.

Patrick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Vern

Hi Patrick,

The Baron, Jr. Gent and Jr Statesman all share the same diameter. Only difference is that the Baron RB has a hex shaped section.

Vern

arehrlich

Patrick,

Is your customer talking about the length of the section of the girth? A Gentleman's or Statesman pen is quite large - you might want to try the El Grande. Nice feel, light weight and easy to make.

Just my ramblings.

Alan

patrick_1853

She was talking about the girth. I have made a few El Grandes and didn't like the feel of them. Unless they have changed, they just had too much plastic for me to be willing to sell them as a premium pen.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Have you looked at the Ligero.. it uses smaller tubes than the El Grande.. but basically the same pen...
If you don't want to go that route your best bet is probably going to be the Gent/Statesman...
OR if she likes the size of a Euro, you might want to try Berea's new Berea Streamline Round Top Screw Cap Fountain Pen.

patrick_1853

To be completely honest, I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a few more and different pen kits. [:D][:D][:D]

Actually, I would like to make a few statesmans to be sort of show off pens, ok and maybe sell 'em for craft shows this summer.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yea, just tell her she needs the brand B-SRT-SC-FP.

Couldn't Berea make their names a little longer???[}:)][}:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Patrick,
Just as a personal note, I found the Gentleman's pen to be too large for my taste, and the writing too bold. With a finer nib, I might use it, but I would think the average woman would find the pen too large. I write regularly with the Jr Gent, and understand the feeling that the diameter of the pen is rather small. Jr Gent 2 improve on that? I agree with the Ligero suggestion. I love the feel of my daily fountain pen which is an El Grande, but agree that less plastic would be nice.

its_virgil

They are nice pens and sell well for me, but the diameter of nib holder is too small for me to use as a personal pen. My personal preference does not influence what I sell. Lots of people like these pens. If I had to make a decision on one for personal use, it would be the baron.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by patrick_1853
<br />A lady at work has shown interest in a fountain pen, but I showed her a Baron Rollerball and she said the metal section you hold on to while writing (brain ain't workin right now or I would use technical term) is too small to hold comfortably. Is the part in reference about the same size on both the Jr Gent/Statesman and Baron? If so I think I will have to make either a Gentlemans or Statesman. I'm trying to decide if I should get in on the group buy or not.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom