How do you ship your pens?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

If it's only one pen, I use the Priority Mail VHS boxes. I put the pen in a pen box and wrap it in bubble wrap so it fits tightly in the box. If it's too many pens to fit in that box, I use the flat rate Priority Mail box with lots of bubble wrap and popcorn. And, I always insure them.

bgray

I usually go with US Post Office because it's the least expensive.

Good example occurred today.

I shipped a pen to Ireland, and thought I'd visit UPS just because the USPS will not allow you to track overseas packages online.

UPS quoted me $66 for 2 day delivery and $61 for 3-4 day. I about lost my lunch.

Priority mail was $20 for 4-10 days.

Priority flat rate was $5 for 6-10 days.

Chuck Key

USPS First Class Parcel with delivery confirmation. Less than $2.50 for a couple of pens in a small box. I purchased a bundle of small boxes with a cost of about $.50 each with shipping.

Chuckie

Rifleman1776

I don't sell on eBay but when I ship to the store or, other customers, I use a #4 USPS Priority box. When not heavy they go for the same rate as a flat rate envelop and provide a lot more protection. I do click and ship from my computer. No drivee to town.

bobkeyes

I use USPS Priority Mail exclusively. I have NEVER had a shipment lost or damaged and that's since 1991. I tried UPS but, I could not afford them since most of my shipment are small.

I just shipped 25 pens to Houston, TX. insured for 1500.00 for 30.00. That isn't bad in my book. I also do click and ship. Much easier.

ashaw

I ship to my stores via USPS Priority Mail. No issues so far. The most it has ever cost me was 12.00 plus insurance.

Rudy Vey

For larger orders I use UPS, their insurance is a lot less than postal services', their tracking is better and they are faster. I ship only a few pens with USPS and have had bad experience with anything less than priority. Even when I ship with priority or expect stuff, it seem to take at least a day or two longer (just participated in two group buy and was the last to get his stuff).

jrc

For small orders, 1 to 6 pens I ship in these small boxes. I put 1 to 3 pens in felt sleeves and fit in one box. I can put 2 of these boxes in a small padded mailer. At my best selling retail stores I have a box for each pen along with a felt sleeve and a tag with info. I have a label printer that prints a nice label that goes around the clip with the price, type of wood and the store's item code if they have one. Store's love this because it is better labeling than the do. I print a labels for each box stating what type of wood, so the pen goes in the right box with the right label. At one store I generally make at least $100 a month, my best month was a December and made $1300. It cost me about 50 cents for the box, sleeve and labels and a little time but the return has been very good.
http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-7280

Boss302

Like a lot of people I use USPS Priority Mail flat rate envelopes and boxes. It's hard to beat the price, free pick-up, 2-3 day service across the US and you can do everything at home. My comment is that USPS insurance is extremely difficult to make a claim on. The claim is made on the receiving end and even when you show up with the damaged envelope or box and pictures of the item before it was sent, the standard line is "well--we don't know what it looked like before it was packaged." USPS also has a year to make a decision on your claim. Of the hundreds of items I've shipped with USPS, only 2 people have made damage claims and both experiences were long and drawn out. USPS insurance is more of a "feel good" service than something that really works. I am curious if UPS is more efficient and fair in processing claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom