How do you know the fancy watch faces are legit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

LOL

Hi John,

You and I haven't dealt with each other here much or you'd know I don't take may things like this too seriously and if someone would be hung up on what watchmaker's gear was on my pen, well he's probably not buying mine anyways...:rolleyes:

As I say in my tagline: Life is too short to sweat the small things...
Mike B

Ok, just to be straight with the blanks I have been making and plan to offer at some time, all my parts came from watches.

Now, did they all come from the same watch as the dial came from? No they did not. Here's my story. I needed watch parts for a line of pens I was planning on doing, so I went onto Ebay and bought a lot of 1200 non functioning watches. Yes folks, I said 1200! My wife thought I was nuts and after disassembling about 200, I thought so too, but I now have bags of parts to make the blanks from.

As for the dials, I go to alot of auctions, and I bought a jeweler's collection of unused dials all from European 2nd tier manufacturers mostly Swiss and French. There was well over 400 dials and some watch brands I have never heard of.

Would I like a source for high end dials at a reasonable price you bet, but I guess I'll stick with what I have with an occasional Betty Boop or Space Cadet dial thrown in.

Mike B

Mike

You are perfectly fine. That is how many people do it. By the way I have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than that. You call it a watch part pen. No specifics.

Just a side note and again it is my opinion. I believe that that concept (watch part pens)has played out and needs revisions. There are so many ideas you can do with it. I sure hope I am able to get back in my shop next year. I have some ideas I want to try with this concept and take it in a different direction. :)

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things... :rolleyes:

jttheclockman

As I say in my tagline: Life is too short to sweat the small things...
Mike B

Amen to that. I hope everyone here makes some watch part pens. Love to see them all.

Top Bottom