How do you dis assemble a statesman?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nickfff

Hello, I need to dis assemble a statesman. I can get all pieces off with a punch and hammer but having difficulty with the center band coming off. Any suggesstions?

Thanks,
Nick

barrels

I use a drill bit with the closest fit to inside of the brass tube. I put the drill bit in tail in and use a small piece of scrap wood to protect the sharpened side.

OKLAHOMAN

Nick the plastic insert on the Statemen is much longer than the Jr. Gents ect. and in disassemply you will sometimes run into a problem because the insert will for lack of a better word mash in the tube.Be sure to use a punch that is as close to the inside dimensions of the tube as possible. Once you have it out you can trim the insert down.For this reason I cut most of my Jr. Statemen,and Full size Statemen and gents inserts before assembly just incase I have to remove the C/B later.Just make sure the punch is big enough to not go inside of the insert.

Firefyter-emt

"IF" you are replacing to material on the tubes, you can use a file or dremmel to grind down the side of the tube until it pops. Once you are thru the tube, it will come off by hand.

Top Bottom