How do I turn around the bolt action?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Parson

I read somewhere on the forum here that one can take the pen kit apart and flip the bolt action around so it functions like a rifle actually functions.

Can someone tell me how to do this or post pics? I've not attempted to tear down the kit, but I'd rather do this right the first time.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

There is a #1 philips screw inside the cap. Loosen it, and then you can rotate the bolt. What you can NOT do, is reverse the orientation of the clip. They made the clip upside down IMO, and the default should be left handed! :eek:

Whaler

I read somewhere on the forum here that one can take the pen kit apart and flip the bolt action around so it functions like a rifle actually functions.

Can someone tell me how to do this or post pics? I've not attempted to tear down the kit, but I'd rather do this right the first time.

Thanks!

Here you go Parson. As carmorall said use a #1 Phillips to loosen the screw and position the bolt as you want it. Then unscrew the finial and position the clip where you want it. This is easiest done prior to assembly but I did this one after and isn't really hard to do.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
http://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKCP80XX_ins.pdf

I know it's not manly, but you COULD read the directions:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I can't believe they didn't make the B position the default and design the clip with the opposite orientation.....Maybe their designers did all of their shooting with semi-automatics/automatics and they didn't know that bolt action rifles are always designed for right-handed operation. (I have heard of but never seen bolt actions where the receiver, magazine, bolt and safety were redesigned and custom made for a left hander)

robutacion

I know it's not manly, but you COULD read the directions:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I can't believe they didn't make the B position the default and design the clip with the opposite orientation.....Maybe their designers did all of their shooting with semi-automatics/automatics and they didn't know that bolt action rifles are always designed for right-handed operation. (I have heard of but never seen bolt actions where the receiver, magazine, bolt and safety were redesigned and custom made for a left hander)

Hahahah, and some people complain about Australia being back to front...!:eek: since when are "ridiculous" things in the pen turning world, a surprise...???:wink::biggrin::biggrin:

Cheers
George

NittanyLion

I have a Remington 700 in 7mm mag, and a savage both left handed. Most all manufacturers produce left handed models. I'm just glad that our friends in Taiwan got it "right" the first time, with their left handed model:wink:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have a Remington 700 in 7mm mag, and a savage both left handed. Most all manufacturers produce left handed models. I'm just glad that our friends in Taiwan got it "right" the first time, with their left handed model:wink:

I stand corrected I last bought a bolt action 30 or so years ago and at that time all I saw was customizers making them.

Top Bottom