How do I Disassemble a Sedona?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Built up a Sedona today and now want to disassemble to further refine a blotch in the CA finish. The lower tube is the problem. My puch set can fit past one of the nylon screw and trim rings, but that punch is not large enough in diameter to drive the other end fitting (same exact size) out. The best I can seem to do is use a smaller punch which allows the punch to angle into the tube slightly, but it only catches a small portion of one side of the fitting on the other side.
Does anyone have a method for getting this disassembled? I have not worked with a Baron, but it looks (from photos) that the lower tube set up might be similar.
Any help would be appreciated.

Stan

mick

Screw the finial into one end of the barrel. Use the punch you selected and knock the fitting out. Place the finial on the other end and use the same punch to knock out the other fitting. Or use a bigger punch and knock the other fitting out once the first one is out.

Husky

Originally posted by mick
<br />Screw the finial into one end of the barrel. Use the punch you selected and knock the fitting out. Place the finial on the other end and use the same punch to knock out the other fitting. Or use a bigger punch and knock the other fitting out once the first one is out.

Thanks Mick. That sounds like it might work.[:)] the finial is pressed into a small threaded piece, which is then threaded into the end piece I want to remove. I just hope the larger piece spearates before the final does from its threaded insert.

I guess I have to inspect more careflly beore assembling one of these! (darn milky spot in the CA finish, surface over it wont polish out with same gloss as the rest of it. I guess I will have to sand it all down to bare wood and repeat the CA applications.

4reel

I found an old drill bit that just fit inside the barrel. The reason that I chose an old one was I put in in the barrel and held the pen in my hand. A couple of wacks on my anvil on the drill tip and the end popped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom