How to disassembly a cigar?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

I need to disassembly a few cigars to refinihs them?

I have some old drill bits to use as transfer punches, and have managed to get the clip end out! But cant work out how to remove the plastic center band, the nib and the coupler for the transmission?

Mainly as the metal insert are the same diameter as the wood, meaning that you can place the pen over a hole and knock the insert through?

Is there a specific way that you can hold the barrel so that it is possible to tap out the inserts?

Cheers PHIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

Knock out the center band from the opposite end. Use a punch that fits fairly snug inside the tube so it will contact the part of the cb that is inside the tube.

Screw the metal nib onto the writing end. Then insert a punch that will just barely fit through the coupler on the transmission end.

fernhills

You should get one of these,then every pen you see you will want to

$7.99

200867163722_03577-t.gif

knock apart. From Harbor Freight. Carl

leehljp

Member Liaison
For holding the wood, I use anti-skid rubber mat like material that can be purchased in many places. It grips well and doesn't scar or scratch. I have seen small pieces sold to set coffee mugs on, large pieces to place boards on in order to route the edges. It comes in flat pieces shaped like place mats, or in rolls, and it looks like rubberized webbing.

Top Bottom