How to Disassemble Script Click Ballpoint Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RegisG

Being new, I've had to disassemble a few pens that I've made. I do have the punches for normal disassembly.
Now I have to disassemble a Script Click Ballpoint Pen (2nd one).
BUT, because of the plastic click mechanism (destroyed one already) I can not use a punch. Perhaps if I could find a thin wall 9mm tube, perhaps that might work.

Does anyone have experience with this or similar? Or, other ideas on how to get the upper part apart?

Thanks,
Regis

Brian G

The Script looks like Woodcraft's name for Berea's Long Boy.

I haven't had to disassemble a Long Boy, yet. I have had to disassemble Sierra click mechanisms. What has worked for me is to stuff a wad of paper towel into the upper barrel, and then use the largest transfer punch that would fit to tap it out.

The key is tapping, not hammering. Be patient.

magpens

That's tricky.
(I believe that the PSI Vertex Click uses the same click mechanism.)

A stainless steel tube not more than 8.03 mm O.D. and not less than 8.02 mm I.D. might work.

I have thought of making a similar tool to do that.

If you find a source for the stainless steel tube please let me know.

Actually, the numbers above are rather ridiculous ... but the fact is, you have to get the tool through the center tube-coupler piece, and also the I.D. of the tube has to go over the widest part of the click mechanism. . I just checked the measurements.

When I recently made some Script pens (actually they are Long Boys which are the same from Berea) I used one long brass tube without the center tube-coupler piece. . And I did not use the two tubes supplied with the kit. . The one long tube has an I.D. of 9.03 mm, so getting a 9 mm stainless steel tube that would fit inside that and meet the I.D. requirement as well, might actually be possible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom