How can friend going to UK help get me stuff?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

les-smith

I've got a friend who is a pilot for Continental Airlines and he is always traveling to the UK. He asked the other day if he could get me some stuff/wood when he goes to make pens. I said yes, especially some Irish Bog Oak. But, I don't have a clue as to where he would go to get that or anything else that might be related. I thought it might be neat to call a business there and order some stuff and let him pick it up, but again I don't have a clue how to go about doing this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Les, if you go ahead with this, you are welcome to use my address for the suppliers to deliver to. Your friend could the simply pick it up from me when he's in town. I live about 45mins from Manchester Airport and less to Liverpool. I guess you would use the web to source the stuff as normal.
Depending on which airport your mate uses, I'm sure several of the UK guys will do the same.
E-mail me if this is any help

Pompeyite

Hi Les, I am with Steven on this too, I live 30 minutes away from Southampton Airport in the south of the UK. If I can be of any help Just email me too.[:)]
Just one word of caution though, remember that the exchange rate is not in your favour at the moment, £1 sterling is $2 of your money.[}:)][;)][:0] So buying from the UK is not cheap.[:(]

les-smith

Thanks for the offer guys. I'm going to e-mail him and see where exactly he flies into. I'm know it's more than one place though. Once I know all of that information how would I go about finding a place to buy from? Would I try to find something online, try to look up a woodworking store close to where he stays? What? I'm not sure how to find something. I wouldn't be getting much, but it would be nice to look into somehow.

drayman

les, just post on here what you want to buy and i am sure us brits will point you in the right direction, i am 20 mins from doncaster airport. regards colin.

Ligget

If he comes near Scotland, I am 30 minutes from Edinburgh Airport and 45minutes from Glasgow Airport.

You can use my home address as a delivery point also if you want![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom