How to align grain pattern on Baron?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

How do you align the grains/pattern on a Baron?

The best way I can think of is to assemble everything except the center band on the cover...thread the center band to the body (writing end part) then press.

Question is...will it NOT damage any components if I press this way?

Seems like it won't since the parts are seating snuggly agains each other but I worry since the threads are plastic and they might give with the pressure.

Thank you !!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Dario,
I usually assemble the cap first, then screw the threaded piece for the bottom barrel all the way into the cap and slide the decorative trim ring in place over it. I then bring the bottom barrel up where I want it, and give it a good squeeze by hand. That is usually sufficient to "tack" the threaded piece in place. Then I unscrew and assemble as normal. Hope this helps!

Dario

Jim,

Thanks, it does help. It is almost the same procedure then but you do the pen last...and you don't press right away.

My only concern is if I do it your way, isn't there a chance that the plastic insert (in the cover) get pushed further in?

I'll probably adapt both...do it my way but not press, just push with my hand to hold it in place then press [:)].

Sounds better already, atleast in my mind [;)]

lkorn

Dario,
Griz showed me his sequence at the Grizfest. first he assembles the lower barrel, then the finial end of the cap. The threaded end of the upper barrelis now screwed onto the nib. Align the wood as desired, gently hand press to snug up, then remove the upper barrel and back to the pen press for final squeeze. But wait until Tom verifies this before trying as I have not done one by myself yet[:)]
Originally posted by Dario
<br />Jim,

Thanks, it does help. It is almost the same procedure then but you do the pen last...and you don't press right away.

My only concern is if I do it your way, isn't there a chance that the plastic insert (in the cover) get pushed further in?

I'll probably adapt both...do it my way but not press, just push with my hand to hold it in place then press [:)].

Sounds better already, atleast in my mind [;)]

Fangar

However you do it, the baron cap will actually start to thread in several different locations causing the grain to align in about 3 or 4 different places. If you fiddle with it, you can get it to line up when closed, or open (Whatever ou like) but it is not a guarantee each time.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom