Hot Tip!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Here is a really hot tip for everyone that's using Gorilla Glue...don't leave the cap off the bottle for 36 hours![V]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dougle40

Here's another tip for anyone using any poly glues - store it upside down . Any hardening that will take place will be at he bottom of the bottle , leaving the rest OK. It will also extend the shelf life by at least 4x , I say 4x because I've been using the same bottle for well over 1 1/2 years so far and no problems . I made a holder to put the upside down bottle in . And it's hard to forget to put the cap back on when you store it this way !![:D][:D]

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Since Poly Glue requires moisture to cure, and there is moisture in the air, it will cure slower in a dry climate.

The solution to Poly glue drying in the bottle is a simple one. Move to a dryer climate. No moisture, no problem.

Another solution is to use the Titebond brand poly glue. It lasts about 3 times longer (for me) than Gorilla after the bottle has been opened. It also foams less (for me) than Gorilla, and there are no more problems with the tubes floating out of the hole.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by RussFairfield
<br />Since Poly Glue requires moisture to cure, and there is moisture in the air, it will cure slower in a dry climate.

The solution to Poly glue drying in the bottle is a simple one. Move to a dryer climate. No moisture, no problem.

Another solution is to use the Titebond brand poly glue. It lasts about 3 times longer (for me) than Gorilla after the bottle has been opened. It also foams less (for me) than Gorilla, and there are no more problems with the tubes floating out of the hole.

Russ, I made the experience that you made - for me Titebond Poly is the glue of choice.

Rudy

Rifleman1776

dougle40 said "Here's another tip for anyone using any poly glues - store it upside down . Any hardening that will take place will be at he bottom of the bottle ," Well, I did that based on the same tip from others. And mine hardened at the tip and cap. What was inside the bottle may still be usable but getting to it is near impossible.

dougle40

And mine hardened at the tip and cap.
The only explanation that I can think of for this is that possibly you started this method with an already used bottle where there was hardening taking place or you're not cleaning the tip off before you invert the bottle . I sometimes have to pry the cap off because of a little hardening there but other than that , there's no other problems.
Another possibility could be allowing moisture to get into the tip somehow , that would start the hardening process too .
If you take the top off the bottle and use a small drill from the top and dowm into the tip , you should be able to clear the plug and remove it from the inside of the cap .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom