Hooves

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Suggest thorough cleaning before stewing, unless you like that "just through the deer" taste!!!!!

UMmmmmmm, Yummy![:D][}:)][}:)]

Ron Mc

I'm curious of something....Exactly how many deer hooves can fit in a hand?
How does one come across deer hooves to begin with?

mdburn_em

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />I'm curious of something....Exactly how many deer hooves can fit in a hand?
How does one come across deer hooves to begin with?
The same place you might be able to find some horns. At a wild game processing plant. The hooves normally get tossed out, at least they do here and you would be surprised how many people don't pick up the smaller horns.

Stevej72

I had about a dozen of them when I was getting the forelegs for the bone. I didn't know what to do with the hooves so I threw them out. Let us know if you do anything with them.

Ozzy

Hooves are basically the same material as human finger nails, be prepared for the stink. I'll have to wait until next hunting season to get me some hooves and I'll give it a try. If you do anything with them post a picture, I would like to see how it turns out.

DocStram

Originally posted by OzzyWylde
<br />Hooves are basically the same material as human finger nails, be prepared for the stink. I'll have to wait until next hunting season to get me some hooves and I'll give it a try. If you do anything with them post a picture, I would like to see how it turns out.
Interesting information, Ozzy. So what I think you're suggesting is that I get myself one of those hooves ... carry it around in my pocket .... and no more biting my fingernails! Who would have thought!![:D]

Ozzy

[/quote]
Interesting information, Ozzy. So what I think you're suggesting is that I get myself one of those hooves ... carry it around in my pocket .... and no more biting my fingernails! Who would have thought!![:D]
That really depends on why you bite your finger nails...do you like the taste or the texture.[:D]

Mark4583

I boiled the leg bones and I have them in Peroxcide at the moment, not to sure how im going to do them, there not as big as I thought.
Il have to post a pic to get some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom