Hmmmm... PSI sweetness

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Anyone seen these yet? Pretty slick looking if you ask me.

PKDBFBT.jpg

Oh, and one more cool new thing I found in their catalog.
PKBOX8B.jpg

At $9.95, that could really push a high end pen sale over the top!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

I do like the style, but I haven't made the plunge yet. It's not just the kits, its bushings, drill bits, tubes, blah blah blah. I think it has potential but I want to know if they are high quality or not. There are a few other kits that I like for the style but refuse to make because of assembly issues or operating flaws. Anyone actually made a sceptre yet?:confused:

GouletPens

Actually, same goes for that box....has anyone actually bought one and is it of at least moderate quality? You can assume for that price it's some sort of laminated box from Taiwan, but is it half decent? And if you tell me to just buy one myself then go smoke something. I can't tell you how many crappy cases I have lying around that I don't even want to give away to family members they're so bad. All I need is a little "yeah it's worth the $10".

randbcrafts

I bought a couple of the boxes just to see how they were. For $10 I think it's a pretty nice box and you can order inserts to fit specific kits. I would say the quality was a little better than what I expected for the price.

marcruby

I like the pens, which are an adaptation of David Broadwell's designs. And Broadwell is one of the best. This design offers a lot of opportunity for ornamentation. When I get back in the mood for that I'm going to order a few and see what I can work out.

Marc

randyrls

I bought a couple; they are in my build box for the next rotation. I want to do some work on my lathe first. and, Oh yes, Christmas is coming!

its_virgil

These pens were actually designed by David Broadwell. David lives just a few blocks from me...we've been friends for many years now. I knew David was designing some pens for PSI but didn't know what they were until he brought me the kits, asked me to make them and tell him what I thought. That was the genesis of the review I posted which was planned to coincide with their release by PSI. He may be doing more in 2009.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

brez

Actually, same goes for that box....has anyone actually bought one and is it of at least moderate quality? You can assume for that price it's some sort of laminated box from Taiwan, but is it half decent? And if you tell me to just buy one myself then go smoke something. I can't tell you how many crappy cases I have lying around that I don't even want to give away to family members they're so bad. All I need is a little "yeah it's worth the $10".

I bought the box in black and Rosewood. They are very nice for the price and really show off a high-end pen.

Mike

RDH79

I just went to PSI to get a coule boxes and didnt find the $9.95 boxes. The price is $11.95 Are these the same boxes?? Oram I mising them?

bitshird

Drat, another long skinny metal section...

Dan

Dan, at least the front section isn't straight or a tapered hex, there looks to be a small grip indent which really adds to the writing comfort, but it would be nice if there were a black plastic, or wood contoured grip, If I do very well at my next show I may buy one or two and see if I can do any thing like I've see you geniuses do.

Top Bottom