Historical Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

I was wondering where I could get some wood from Monticello? If there is no source, where can I get wood from other historical sites? Thanks for all info.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have blanks, but we handle them only by email.

Because this wood is very protected by the estates from which it came, there are some "conditions" under which it must be sold. I am happy to send you an email with all the details, if you just ask by email.

This is why Mr. Jewell has agreed to allow Exotics to handle it---it's not as "straightforward" as buying most wood.

Hope that helps, you can email me directly from the IAP. I will then get your email addy and reply with attachments.

Thanks for your co-operation.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We expect to be adding some choices in the next couple weeks. Mr. Jewell and I have had several preliminary conversations--I think the Civil War blanks and some other "slightly less coveted" Presidential woods may open this to more folks.

We are also going to be offering wood from restorations of a couple of US warships. These will also be more affordable and less restricted than the presidential woods.

Mr. Jewell has been very cooperative in expanding the blanks we can offer----coming soon!!

As you may have noticed, we have been pretty quiet. The website is in the midst of some transitions so that the holidays will not be marred by "downages"!! Expect us to be full volume after Labor Day.

killer-beez

eorge Washington Horse Chestnut

Got mine from Ed at exotic blanks. Sold it for for a great price.

Attachments

• George Washington Horse Chestnut.jpg
    George Washington Horse Chestnut.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 136
Top Bottom