highlighter options

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldimick

I hve been asked to make a pencil for highlighting some scriptures. It should have a large (fat) red lead. I know there are some yellow highlighter refills that might work but there is a concern for bleed through. The websites for the pen kits are all lacking info on the lead size for their kits. Any kit ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SoCalSteve

Lynn,

PSI sells a pencil kit that uses 2mm leads. They call it the "Power" 2mm Lead Pencil Kit. Also, Craft Supplies USA has the "Woodworkers" pencil kit that uses 1/4" leads.

I'm not certain about red leads for the 1/4", but I know that you can find them for 2mm. The 2mm leads are available from places that sell drafting supplies. In Huntington Beach, you can pick them up from Pearl Art, or in Irvine from Sterling Art. Check their websites for phone numbers and give them a call.

http://www.pearlart.com/
http://www.sterlingart.com/

Hope this helps.

Steve

jwoodwright

If I remember correctly, pencil graphite is graded between soft (4B)and hard (2H)...[8D]

There's a whole range of Blackness and Hardness, Blacker the line = Less Hardness...[8D]

Can't remember how this applies to colored "leads"...[:I]

As was mentioned, Drafting Supplies is way to go...[:)]

ldimick

Steve and Jwoodwright - Thanks for your comments. I knew someone made a kit but I forgot about PSI. I have an Art Supply Warehouse (Westminster) and a Pearl Art (Huntingtin Beach) just down the street from me so I'll see what they have for lead.

J. Fred Muggs

Lynn:
I used to have a store bought highlighting pencil sold especially for highlighting in Bibles (on the thin paper). Came from one of the Christian bookstores (Zondervan Family Bookstores I believe). I think the lead was 2mm. They also carried lead refills in about 2 1/2" lengths to fit the pen in a multitude of colors, including red.

PSI kit - Bookstore lead - worth a shot..[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom