Higher end Slimline Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kludge77

Is there such an animal? A lot of my past sales have been the slimline due to the size, but I don't want to make cheap kits anymore.

What is the more durable slimline or equivalent kit? I mostly prefer the gun metal finishes.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Titanium gold, black titanium and rodium are the best plating around.

And to save him a post, you can't beat Ed prices for the Titanium gold :) (You how me one Ed, my first order is coming shortly :)

kludge77

Thanks!

And for those of you who have used these, the plating isn't prone to wear? Nothing more embarrassing than seeing a pen I sold a year ago with wear in the tip or band.

Craftdiggity

Russianwolf

Thanks!

And for those of you who have used these, the plating isn't prone to wear? Nothing more embarrassing than seeing a pen I sold a year ago with wear in the tip or band.

all plating will wear eventually, but the Titanium and Rhodium/Platinum will last the longest in most conditions.

CSUSA offers Rhodium, the other offer Platinum for the most part. Same family of metals and nearly identical in wear and look.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Platinum

Wow, I've never seen a Rhodium slimline. Do you have a link to a supplier?

-Thanks

Because there is'nt, i wanted to write platinum. PSI reseller like woodturningz, and woodnwimshies have them.

Ed is the owner of exoticblanks.com

There are Platinum slimlines available. They are very likely Rhodium which is a platinum group metal. They are close to Chrome in hardness and are brighter. PSI and perhaps others are replacing some of their Chrome kits with Rhodium (PK-PENA2P) is one of their slimlines.

Last edited:

nava1uni

Berea woods have a wide selection of slim line kits and other kits that use a 7MM tube but have a wider configuration of pen, nice styles, various platings. Definitely high end slim lines kits.

Top Bottom