High quality slim line kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Who sells really good quality, high quality, slim line pen kits? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Isn't that an oxymoron

Yes, but tonight I found a slimline kit that had fallen behind my bench, and made up a quick pen for my wife to take to school, and she said "I really like the way this pen fits in my hand, why don't you make more of them?" I told her because I have found the kits to be rather........questionable.

So any other suggestions of that 'size' pen would be greatly appreciated if there really is no quality slimline out there.

Robert Taylor

all kits are "plated". that said if you buy "plated" jewelry what would you expect? some platings wear better than others but they are still "plated". if a customer wears the plating off simply replace the parts for him/her they are cheap enough but don't expect a "daily" use pen to last more than a couple years tops. just my take on the situation. fwiw

witz1976

I usually never buy the gold copper or the satins they tend to wear the quickest. Chrome is a nice in expensive option, other than that I use Gold Titanium, Black titanium, Platinum (rhodium) they are the most expensive but offer the greatest wear resistance.

zig613

For the past three years I have used Penn State gold titanium slimlines (fancy clip) and I haven't had any problems. I get them from Woodturningz (good service and prices). They are a resellter of PSI pen kits. To order you have to give them a call because they are not listed on their website.

Wade

Top Bottom