high quality Parker-style refills in FINE point

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

We all know the Private Reserve EasyFlow9000 is a great ink choice. But at 1.0mm, it is approaching broad tip status.

What about customers that prefer a fine tip refill for a Parker-style pen?

I ordered a few Schmidt P900 refills in fine tip to try out. Does anyone know of any other high-quality options? Or is the P900 a good choice?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

alphageek

Former Moderator
just tell your customers that the PR Easyflow is the finest refill available!
Nothin' folks like better than to walk in to buy knowing exactly what they want and have the shop keeper try to sell them something else. :)

Cause your customers already know exactly what refill they want in their custom one of a kind pens when they walk in? :confused::confused::confused:

And I honestly dont thing the P.R. refills need to be told to customers that they are the best..... Just have them write with one.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Dean,

Let others SELL refills. You and I (and some others) will let the 9000 sell pens!!!!:eek::eek::eek: (We will have more in a couple weeks:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

redfishsc

I just ordered some of the blues (which I use blue anyhow).

If you're backordered, no big whoop... I've been out of parkers for an eon already ;) I have 5 or 6 sitting at my desk waiting for refills.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would

Nothin' folks like better than to walk in to buy knowing exactly what they want and have the shop keeper try to sell them something else. :)

Cause your customers already know exactly what refill they want in their custom one of a kind pens when they walk in? :confused::confused::confused:

And I honestly dont thing the P.R. refills need to be told to customers that they are the best..... Just have them write with one.

I would if I were your customer.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

One absolute "truism" about doing shows. You will NEVER please everyone, no matter how much stuff you carry in, some guy tells you he wants something you don't have with you.

So, if you only sell 80% of the prospects, you'll do OK.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, and you wouldn't be a CUSTOMER unless you bought something--you'd be a prospect.

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator

Well Smitty... You would be MUCH different than my normal customer. I don't know if I've seen how you sell pens (I think of you more as a vendor than a seller of pens, even though I assume you do).

My normal customer... Many of them don't even know that my custom pens take normal refills until the ask or I tell them... And when they do they are familiar with the name brands (like parker or cross), but typically don't have a clue about Private Reserve. (Fountain pen users are an exception, but we're not talking FP in this thread).

My personal experience with customers is they get drawn in by the looks, then how they write seals the deal.

To put this another way that I am somewhat of an expert at (like you are with pen materials)... Lets say you were buying computer ram from me.. Do you know what bus speed your ram is? Do you use DDR2, DDR3? Dimm or Sodimm? If I completely lost you, don't feel bad.. Thats the way many of MY customers are when it comes to pen refills. I need to tell them what they need based on their questions - they don't come to me with the exact thing picked out.

I don't know where your customer base comes from, but in my experience selling.. the ONLY customers that know exactly what they want when they walk into my booth are experienced fountain pen or other collectors. (and I don't see NEARLY enough of those to keep me happy). I sell to people who like the pens for what they look like and how they write - almost none of them walk in knowing exactly what they want.

-----------------
All that aside - I'm sorry for taking this off topic... Back on topic.
I don't know if there is a vendor that carries them here or not, but another "brand" that I have heard of but not tried is Visconti... they make a parker compatible in .5, .7 or 1.0mm... You could search for them and see what you come up with.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
you didn't lose me

Well Smitty... You would be MUCH different than my normal customer. I don't know if I've seen how you sell pens (I think of you more as a vendor than a seller of pens, even though I assume you do).

My normal customer... Many of them don't even know that my custom pens take normal refills until the ask or I tell them... And when they do they are familiar with the name brands (like parker or cross), but typically don't have a clue about Private Reserve. (Fountain pen users are an exception, but we're not talking FP in this thread).

My personal experience with customers is they get drawn in by the looks, then how they write seals the deal.

To put this another way that I am somewhat of an expert at (like you are with pen materials)... Lets say you were buying computer ram from me.. Do you know what bus speed your ram is? Do you use DDR2, DDR3? Dimm or Sodimm? If I completely lost you, don't feel bad.. Thats the way many of MY customers are when it comes to pen refills. I need to tell them what they need based on their questions - they don't come to me with the exact thing picked out.

I don't know where your customer base comes from, but in my experience selling.. the ONLY customers that know exactly what they want when they walk into my booth are experienced fountain pen or other collectors. (and I don't see NEARLY enough of those to keep me happy). I sell to people who like the pens for what they look like and how they write - almost none of them walk in knowing exactly what they want.

-----------------
All that aside - I'm sorry for taking this off topic... Back on topic.
I don't know if there is a vendor that carries them here or not, but another "brand" that I have heard of but not tried is Visconti... they make a parker compatible in .5, .7 or 1.0mm... You could search for them and see what you come up with.

I bought my first personal computer in October of 1980 and it was delivered in February 1981....so the chances are that even if I don't know what those things are right now (and since I have no need to know that, I don't) you can bet if you were selling me a computer I would.

If I walked into your booth to buy a refill for a pen, I'd know what I wanted. If I walked in to buy a pen, I might not...I might want to see what you had....or I might know everything but the color of what I wanted. That would depend on how much importance I put on the item, I guarantee that I would not be buying one of your fine custom pens as an impulse purchase. I might spend up to $100 or so as an impulse but but more than that probably not.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Matter of semantics

One absolute "truism" about doing shows. You will NEVER please everyone, no matter how much stuff you carry in, some guy tells you he wants something you don't have with you.

So, if you only sell 80% of the prospects, you'll do OK.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, and you wouldn't be a CUSTOMER unless you bought something--you'd be a prospect.

I think the highlighted part of your response was intended for me. Since I don't do shows the first 2 parts must have been for alphageek. That is a matter of semantics...if you are an outside salesman, the more common term would be "prospect" for new contacts if you are a store (box) owner where people come and go, in and out of your store the more common term would be "customer". Of course anyone who ever bought anything from me would be a rather than a prospect, we don't say "half my sales are to returning prospects" ... at least I don't. I say returning or repeat customers.:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Top Bottom