High end pens by William Henry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The provided URL link does not work for me.

Please check.

I would love to see William Henry's pens, please.

PatrickR

Nice looking, but nothing that many of the members here don't make regularly. It's all in your audience. If you can find the right market you can charge a lot more for the same product.

-gary

They do have a bit of a "kit pen" look but aren't commercially available kits. They must have designed the hardware and had the parts manufactured. Not an inexpensive process.

Terredax

Banned
They use precious metals, mokume gane, and Damascus.
They make their own components and also use exotic woods.

Our local jeweler sells them next to the Rolex.

Gregory Hardy

Sometimes it's easy to too hard on others, you know? Though the parts for one of those pens might not be that expensive (and even down in the same range as a well-done kit pen if "actual "cost-per-pen set of parts" is the "cost"), someone spent a lot of time and money doing the R&D for those pens. They then spent a lot more money (a LOT more money) buying in big enough quantities to make them in that cost range. They are unique. They are a classy design. And they don't look like all of the kits that all of us make. Not justifying the price or suggesting that anyone buy one. It just occurs to me that we all might be well served to look a little further than the final price to consider the value of something. Just a thought.

vtgaryw

Oh, I'm not belittling them at all. Far from it, I admire their success. They've commercialized our craft to a fine degree.

All I was saying was that many of us here can produce pens of that quality. And that's a good thing, we've just chosen not to invest in commercializing to that extent.

-gary

Woodchipper

Thanks to all. I knew a lady who was selling her ex's Rolex for a grand. Couldn't find any takers. My $10 watch from Bass Pro Shop keeps real good time. I was in the gift shop in a Tennessee state park this weekend. My wife and I were looking at pens, key rings, and money clips with what looked like CNC images and lettering. They were very nice but my wife turned over the price tag. They were $7.99 and made in China!

Top Bottom