High end pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rwfish

I have only been turning for a few months now but I think I am ready to make some nicer pieces. Any recommendations of where to but higher end kits? I started with the cheap amazon slimlines, then graduated to some nicer kits from Penn state. Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I suspect you don't really mean 'high end", but actually a good reasonably priced pen.

For me, that was the cigar---but now it would probably be one of the plethora of "sierra style" single barrel pens. Depending on plating this can be in the $6 to $20 category.

If you want rollerballs and fountains, that's a larger step up, look at the Atrax and Triton--good pens, reasonably priced.

Hope this helps,
Ed

magpens

Welcome to IAP, Roland !!!

Make a post in "Introductions" and you could get a "newcomers" prize.

Dehn0045

Hey Roland. I'm pretty new to all this too, like you. I started with kits from amazon, my second order was from Berea Hardwoods. I got some sierras, slims, and long boy clicks - I was really happy with the quality. Couple tips if you buy from Berea Hardwoods directly - free shipping on orders over $100, and prices are quantity dependent - sometimes buying 2 pens will get you a substantial quantity discount.

Hey Roland. I'm pretty new to all this too, like you. I started with kits from amazon, my second order was from Berea Hardwoods. I got some sierras, slims, and long boy clicks - I was really happy with the quality. Couple tips if you buy from Berea Hardwoods directly - free shipping on orders over $100, and prices are quantity dependent - sometimes buying 2 pens will get you a substantial quantity discount.

Another good tip.. . Exoticblanks.com carries a bunch of Berea kits, and what makes it so great is that the quantity discounts can be spread out over a bunch of different kits, and don't all have to be the same style, or manufacturer either!

Dehn0045

Another good tip.. . Exoticblanks.com carries a bunch of Berea kits, and what makes it so great is that the quantity discounts can be spread out over a bunch of different kits, and don't all have to be the same style, or manufacturer either!

Thanks! Good to know.

Top Bottom