High end pen kit question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jmpugsley

Do the high end pen kits use higher quality mechanical components, or is the higher cost associated with the platings, etc?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

With due respect to your concern/question which is completely reasonable, I think it depends on the particular pen kit you are considering. . If you wish to PM me I would be happy to comment on those kits with which I am familiar.

thewishman

The more costly kits generally have more ornamentation, are probably produced in lower volume and usually have higher value platings. Spread out over the universe of pen making, those kits make up a tiny portion of the total kits sold.

jmpugsley

Maybe I need to ask this another way. What kits have high quality components in them? I'm getting ready to do a wedding set and want the internals to be of a higher quality than you usually get with the Chinese components.

stuckinohio

In general, kits from Dayacom are considered to be high quality plating and components. Ed ad Dawn at Exotic blanks just got their Dayacom shipment in.

You can't go wrong with the following:

Jr. Anthony
Jr. Abraham
Jr. Aaron
Jr. Statesan
JR. Emperor
Venus

To a lesser extent
Jr. George
Jr. Harold

Last edited:
Maybe I need to ask this another way. What kits have high quality components in them? I'm getting ready to do a wedding set and want the internals to be of a higher quality than you usually get with the Chinese components.

I'd give a good long look to the Beaufort Ink kits like the Mistral. They're available in the US from Signature Pen Supply. A little different than the various "Jr" based pens and I think one of the better kits on the market right now.

PatrickR

X2 on Beaufort. I find most of the Dayacom "high end" kits to be gaudy. That's fine if you or the end user likes flashy things but not my style.

jttheclockman

"High End" is a subjective term. Here is a couple I did for my Nephew and his bride. Majestic and Majestic JR from PSI. To me the majestic line matches any highend line out there.

Attachments

• Copy of IMGP1040.jpg
    Copy of IMGP1040.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 203
Top Bottom