High End kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

azimmer1

I am very familiar with all of the pen kits from Craft USA. I make Emperors and Statesmans and Lotus etc. Very Nice Kits

Are there any other very high end kits out there.

Thanks
Andy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marcruby

There's the Majestic and a couple of others. I suspect that the urge to find something truly 'high-end' can only be satisfied when the kit becomes less and less a part of the pen. When high end means careful choice of materials and hours spent in the work of making one pen.

I hope, one day, to hold up a pen that is 'all mine.'

Marc

Russianwolf

PSI also has the new Scepter kit which isn't too expensive, but might be considered higher end.

Also, you can go look ay the Daycom website. they have some that aren't offered by the resellers around here yet, but are nice looking. Only problem is you may have to buy 1000 at a time.

Russianwolf

Fixed.

Man, that would be an expensive bill!

Thanks for the fix.

Considering that there is one kit, the Cloinasse or something like that, that is $82 each with a minimum order of 500. Yeah it get kinda pricey. I think that's about $40k if my quick math is working tonight.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I've looked through the Dayacom website a few times.. is it just me or are
some of the kits just .. um .. gauche? Many of them seem so similar, too.

Not that I'm one to talk .. I can't design, and I have no clue about what
goes into production or marketing of a pen kit. It just seems like there would
be a bit wider selection. Or a selection where adding another gaudy sparkly
thingymabob doesn't double the price and pass for high end..

marcruby

I've looked through the Dayacom website a few times.. is it just me or are some of the kits just .. um .. gauche?

They certainly do tend to over ornamentation at times. And I can't say I care to make a pen where the blank is almost completely hidden by filigree. I suspect that some of those pens will never be made in quantity. Even CSUSA can't afford to keep a $40K inventory of a pen that has a limited audience.

Some of the other kits (I like the less gaudy ones) will no doubt show up in the USA and I'll promptly buy some because I'm a bit compulsive like that.

Marc

heinedan

Not only would the cost of the pen kits from Dayacom be expensive, but the cost mya double or even more when you add in the freigth expense from China. It can be excrutiatingly expensive.

Dan

azimmer1

I just looked at the Dayacom website. They are identical pens to the CUSA pens with slightly different names. Looks like CUSA gets them from dayacom.

andyk

If you explore further with Dayacom I believe they won't sell unless you are an appropriate business and have filed the proper paperwork. Check further before getting your hopes up.

Top Bottom