Hiding the Tubes???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

I know this topic has been touched upon by many, but what method has worked best for you for hiding the tube....? I have some Pearls and PR's where the tube will need to be hidden.

...Painting the inside of the blank in a close color.

...Painting the tube in a close color, black or silver. (Does CA always react w/ this method?

...Having black or nickel (camo) blanks from CSUSA.

...Turning the tubes black through chemicals.

Thanks in advance for the info. and/or advice....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DaveM

I do that also. That way I have to have two voids in the paint right over the top of each other to show through. I have to step up a drill size with some kits to paint both the blanks and the tubes. On darker blanks, I just paint the inside of the blank. On some of my really dark browns and blacks, I get away with not painting, but never on a pen that gets really thin walled. The other advantage to painting the inside of the blank is that you don't see the bubbles and marks in the glue. I almost feel like charging extra for the really transparant blank colors, like the new Woodcraft ones. Banana Split, Tuscan Sun, the Clouds, Storm, key lime and a few others are really a test of patience.

I would like to try the plated blanks someday, but they are out of stock, and I don't have very many CSUSA kits in my stash. Maybe AS or BTW will put some out for the Berea kits someday, or I will have to hook up with my plater the next time I take bike parts in.

Good Luck,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom