HF Pot stabillization question?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

swirlman

Got my pot set up with venturi vacuum pump ready to go. Question is do you put your solution with blanks directly into the bottom of the pot or can you put it all in a seperate unclosed container in the pot then pull your vacuum? I'm thinking I could keep the pot a little cleaner by using a seperate solution/blank container inside the pot. Also I thought I would try using Minwax Wood Hardner to start out, anybody else tried this product? If so with what results? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, swirlman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
George,

I have almost no experience with stabilization. From what I have read, though the Minwax Wood Hardener works better for knife scales since they are thinner than pen blanks. Lots of threads on the subject here. Try the casting and stabilization forum.

Skye

There's no reason that wouldent work. I've seen picklejar vacuum setups that had the small can of Minwax sitting inside the jar.

Mikey

I would use a container inside the pot. No reason to make more of a mess to clean up. It's not like the can inside is going to explode or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom