HF mini cut-off saw question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If it's this one (yours may be orange), the screw is a regular screw. Turn counterclockwise to get it off. I just changed mine a few weeks ago and it was very difficult to loosen.

PTsideshow

I have the yellow and brown one. They come in black and red now, along with the orange ones.
Place a thin soft piece of wood under the blade.
Press down on handle to hold blade into the wood.
Remove holding screw, repeat to replace.

It also works with the abrasive disks if you are cutting brass or aluminum tubing or small dia. stock.
They don't have an armature lock or a hole thru for a locking pin.
:clown:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
They usually don't have a left hand thread so you turn counter clockwise to loosen the screw. I think they might use locktite or something to make them very tight so they don't loosen during use. You'll need something to hold the blade from turning.

warthog

I could use one of those mini saws...but I have been reading the reviews on them and I am not reading anything positive about them. I don't want to invest any money in something that is going to break as soon as I turn it on. How do you guys like your saws?.

PTsideshow

It is what it is, It is not and industrial grade 16 hours a day tool. I have used mine for more brass small metal shapes and rods. With an abrasive disk. Haven't cut many pen blank sized wood pieces. But with a sharp blade and a slow steady hand. It does the job. I have cut a lot of SPF wood and the hardwood dowels(Ramian).

For the price with the 20% discount,about $7.00 at the regular price, or even better on sale with coupon it is worth the price. If you are really worried you can always pay the in store swap guaranty.

No connection other than a satisfied customer for over 35 years.
:clown:

Jjartwood

Had one,returned it, band saw does just as well,nice for the price I mean it is a throw away piece but I found it to be a little aggravating to use. HF was very good about the return,no bad experience but the little saw was wanting.
It should be noted that finess is not my strong point ,I'm used to more of a combat woodworking approach

Top Bottom