Hey Gang...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Spec Grade

How is Southern Yellow Pine for pen turning? Any good?
I took out 3 rooms full of 3/4" thick boards, all 8' long, by 6 to 12" wide. All of it is at least 50+ years old & has been inside, so I'm fairly certain it's dry as a bone by now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
It's totally no good for turning:rolleyes:... You should totally box it up and send it to me! I will dispose of it properly for ya!!!:biggrin:

erebus

You just need the right box...

shipping-container.jpg

bgibb42

It would probably make fine pens...but with the sizes you listed, why not save most of it for flat work? I bet that would make beautiful country furniture, like hutches, or pie safes, etc.

Spec Grade

It would probably make fine pens...but with the sizes you listed, why not save most of it for flat work? I bet that would make beautiful country furniture, like hutches, or pie safes, etc.
Well, yeah, there's always that as well. But, some of the boards split when I took them down. Seems that the installers used 12d finish nails to nail it up.:frown:

PenPal

S Grade

When I was around 70 yrs of age I bought a 20 ft Container that it was dropped 12 feet from where I wanted it so I levered it with a length of steam pipe and a block of wood, when in place then lifted each corner to place cement blocks under with my wife sliding them gingerly in place. It weighed 2.4 of our tons empty. Archimedes and I are friends, amazing just what you can do A to save money B because you want to.

Peter.

When I was around 70 yrs of age I bought a 20 ft Container that it was dropped 12 feet from where I wanted it so I levered it with a length of steam pipe and a block of wood, when in place then lifted each corner to place cement blocks under with my wife sliding them gingerly in place. It weighed 2.4 of our tons empty. Archimedes and I are friends, amazing just what you can do A to save money B because you want to.

Peter.

That was a pretty heavy 20' container...

Top Bottom