Herringbone 360 DEMYSTIFIED!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Spoiler ALERT:

By going to the link in the SOUTHEAST CHAPTER, you will be shown how to create a HERRINGBONE 360 BLANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to take the time to thank one of the Southeast members for sharing the knowledge of making the Herringbone 360 blank.

I have posted in the SOUTHEAST CHAPTER section of the forum, under the Herringbone 360 thread, how to create a version of the Herringbone 360 blank. It is a work in progress, but it should show how to get started. I plan on creating some additional pictures when I get a chance this week or next to color coordinate some of the pictures.

Remember in MY SHOP there are no secrets. If you ask, I will tell. Even if you dont ask, I might tell ya! Please read the disclaimer in the post as well. I am not professing to be an expert by any means, just a "Johnny Appleseed of blank knowledge".

If you have issues with the posting, let me know, both bad and good by PM. Please do not clog up the instruction thread with distraction postings PLEASE, it is meant as a means for people to learn, not argue about how it shouldnt be posted. If you have a question, please either PM me or post it in the thread, because we love questions and answering them, and helping folks out, BECAUSE THAT IS WHY I LOG INTO THIS FORUM EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Now go out there and create some dynamite Herringbone 360 blanks, and oh yeah, push that envelope....safely......

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief Hill

Bhaha Well done. Secrets out of the bag nice job on the post. Still lots of work to make one of these.
It should only start a "nag war" here for people that want to hide everything if that's the case join another forum.
This is nothing 1 blank and my hammer could not figure out anyways. Bust a puzzel apart you will se how it goes together;).
I for one appreciate the post and thanks.

DennisM

Bhaha Well done. Secrets out of the bag nice job on the post. Still lots of work to make one of these.
It should only start a "nag war" here for people that want to hide everything if that's the case join another forum.
This is nothing 1 blank and my hammer could not figure out anyways. Bust a puzzel apart you will se how it goes together;).
I for one appreciate the post and thanks.

Like I said in that thread, I doubt there will be a made rush seeing a lot of these!

The skill, and time to put it together let alone cut the pieces.....

My hat still tips to those who came up with this!

glycerine

I don't understand how and why you people get so upset when SOMEONE ELSE doesn't want to show everyone exactly how to do something that THEY did. I was one of those who got out in my garage and figured it out. Why? Because that's what I was asked to do. And I didn't create a tutorial for others because I was respectfully asked not too. I guess that's the issue for me, respect. It's not my "secret" to share. Yes, I figured out how to do it, but would have never even THOUGHT of the concept if it hadn't been created and shared by someone else. To me, it's their idea to give to others, not mine, and I respect that.
It's not a cure for cancer, it's not cold fusion. The world doesn't NEED to know how it's done. Let the person who came up with the design have fun in NOT exposing his/her "secret" and knowing that there are others out there trying to figure it out. It's not that he/she doesn't want to share. If they didn't want to share, they wouldn't have posted and shared pics in the first place. What they wanted was for others to give it a good old fasioned try first, excersice the mind a little...

Last edited:

Chief Hill

well I for one am not upset. Don't really care either way. I am just stirring the pot cause I know people are going to start a nice long 40 page naggy debate about this yapping back and forth about issues just like this. Personally I don't give a rats A$& how anything is done if i want to figure it out I could eventually. In thus case it's still not an easy task so we will see how many can do it. I won't even bother I have my own designs.
And I am not telling you how I do it. LOL....

I don't understand how and why you people get so upset when SOMEONE ELSE doesn't want to show everyone exactly how to do something that THEY did. I was one of those who got out in my garage and figured it out. Why? Because that's what I was asked to do. And I didn't create a tutorial for others because I was respectfully asked not too. I guess that's the issue for me, respect. It's not my "secret" to share. Yes, I figured out how to do it, but would have never even THOUGHT of the concept if it hadn't been created and shared by someone else. To me, it's their idea to give to others, not mine, and I respect that.
It's not a cure for cancer, it's not cold fusion. The world doesn't NEED to know how it's done. Let the person who came up with the design have fun in NOT exposing his/her "secret" and knowing that there are others out there trying to figure it out. It's not that he/she doesn't want to share. If they didn't want to share, they wouldn't have posted and shared pics in the first place. What they wanted was for others to give it a good old fasioned try first, excersice the mind a little...

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
It is great that you tried it, and figured it out. I will say that the term "you people" are a little of what I expected, and personally find it offensive. It goes to underline the "us" and "you" mentality that belittles the open and free sharing of knowledge. I wont go on to some of the other issues you outline, it would just fuel the fire. Herringbone has been around for HUNDREDS of years.

Can you tell me what the last guy who knew how to build pyramids was thinking when he died?

Daniel

It is great that you tried it, and figured it out. I will say that the term "you people" are a little of what I expected, and personally find it offensive. It goes to underline the "us" and "you" mentality that belittles the open and free sharing of knowledge. I wont go on to some of the other issues you outline, it would just fuel the fire. Herringbone has been around for HUNDREDS of years.

Can you tell me what the last guy who knew how to build pyramids was thinking when he died?

Maybe something like "Gee I was certain that stone would balance up there" Thump!

jttheclockman

Maybe I need to do a tutorial on pyramid building as well....LOL.....

Hey I designed and built a pyramid. I can't remember what I was thinking when I did it though.

pyramidweatherstation.jpg

Chief Hill

Maybe something like "Gee I was certain that stone would balance up there" Thump!

Well Dan that's right. It was a 15,000 lb Thump. But he painted the instructions of how the Sphinx and pyramids were built before it landed on him.

BigguyZ

Very cool. I have to say that although I'm a very spacially adept person, it would have taken me a lot of time and Advil to figure that out!

I'm not one who thinks the Herringbone 360 is the end-all be-all, so I won't rush to my basement to try it. Though maybe someday.

But thank you for posting this. I think that it's only a matter of time before someone improves on this design, and that is made more possible by more people having access to it.

babyblues

To me, all of what you just said is completely self serving. If "someone" doesn't want to tell how they did it, than they don't have to. But if someone else figures it out and decides to tell, who the heck are you to say they shouldn't? This is a forum. It's a place where people share information. If someone posts a picture of something here, than expect that people are going to ask how it's done. The only reason I can think of for dangling the carrot in someone's face then refusing to tell the "secret" is to show off. Sorry, but that's what it is. Besides, how do you explain the fact that the 360 herringbone has been done long before this "someone" asked for their "secret" not to be shared? Seems to me, no one here has the right to claim it as proprietary so I say stop being a killjoy and go make a freakin pen.

glycerine

well I for one am not upset. Don't really care either way. I am just stirring the pot cause I know people are going to start a nice long 40 page naggy debate about this yapping back and forth about issues just like this. Personally I don't give a rats A$& how anything is done if i want to figure it out I could eventually. In thus case it's still not an easy task so we will see how many can do it. I won't even bother I have my own designs.
And I am not telling you how I do it. LOL....

You are right, this will just go on and on if we let it. I have taken my disagreements to PM and will keep it off of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom