Here's something different.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

txbob

Browsing at Walmart I found the package shown below, containing two pens and two spare refills, for $3.99. The point is exposed/covered by extending/retracting the lower barrel from the upper barrel.
200555213659_telepenpkg2.jpg

Here's the pen extended, next to a slimline:
200555213755_telepenextended2.jpg

Here's the same pen retracted:
200555213844_telepenretracted2.jpg

If you separate the top and bottom barrels you get a set of parts that looks like this:
200555213934_telepenparts2.jpg

It looks to me like someone could take the pen apart, use the upper barrel like a brass tube to add a wooden sleeve to it, and reassemble the pen. My problem is that I'm on the road and don't have a shop available, so I'd like someone else to try my idea and see how it works. Anybody wanna accept the challenge?

The pen shown has a blue upper barrel and gold plated fittings. The last ones I bought have red upper barrels and chrome fittings. The lower barrel is aluminum. Be careful when you take the pen apart, it's easy to lose those two little brass pieces.

Let me know if you try it. It should make a pen that's really different. Especially if you leave off the clip, to make a purse pen, and top it with a wooden finial.

Keep on turning,
Bob (txbob)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Bob,
I asked my wife to pick me upa pack the next time she goes to Wal Mart, if that step actually happens I will see what I can do with it. the pics help alot after the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom