Here's one for the newbies.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I was reading the "recover the tubes" thread and got to thinking that some who are new to this addiction may experience the dreaded....stuck tube....syndrome. I found a long time ago that if the tube fits really snugly the CA I used to fix the tubes in the drilled hole would grab and there I am with a tube sticking half out and half in. After pitching several I found a solution. Using a jewelers saw with a scroll saw blade just cut off the protruding tube and, this is cool, stick it in the other end of the drilled hole with CA glue.
Probably old news for most of us but since I had the problem and am not all that unique someone else may need it.
WB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scruffy

LOL..

I thought I was the only one that had that happen. And your suggestion is greatly appreciated.

It belongs on a long list of things I should have thought of.

(Maybe you should start a list of FAQ by newbies.)

Last edited:

plantman

I find it easier to just put the tube and blank in a vice and push the tube the rest of the way in using slow pressure. Once you cut the tube and reglue it, you have a week point in the pen that doesn't take mush laterial pressure to break the pen in half. When I glue my blanks, I always have one of my vices open nearby to 2 inches so if the tube sticks I can quicky press it in before the CA completely sets up. Jim S

Top Bottom