Here's how I see it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

It seems like every few weeks someone posts about a bad experience buying pen blanks from a vendor on ebay or elswhere. Either the ebay sellers try something underhanded, unethical or just flat out send inferior wood, often at higher prices than can be purchased from PROVEN REPUTABLE SELLERS right here on the forum and I don't understand why IAP members keep putting themselves through the agony!

Isn't part of this forum all about helping others with information? Well, here's my help.....

You want some killer stabalized blanks, contact River Ridge!
You want some killer burls, contact Nolan!
You want some killer acrylics, contact Ed!
If they don't have what you want contact any of the vendors on the cover page of the forum!

There... you have been advised, so don't come around here in a few weeks complaining about some shyster on ebay trying to rip you off!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nolan

Did I hear somebody was looking for some burl??? :D BTW 4000 kilos of burl just left port, this order will have all the standard stuff like red, brown, new mallee but will also have a nice selection of some mrytle burl + leatherwood +white top + euc burl blanks........... stay tuned!!!

toolcrazy

Originally posted by n4631x

Did I hear somebody was looking for some burl??? :D BTW 4000 kilos of burl just left port, this order will have all the standard stuff like red, brown, new mallee but will also have a nice selection of some mrytle burl + leatherwood +white top + euc burl blanks........... stay tuned!!!
OMG Nolan getting more burl!!!! I'm gonna end up giving all his money back to him.

I would like to add WolfDancer to that list of Sellers!

Texatdurango

I didn't mean to overlook anyone, I just mentioned the folks I am familiar with. Actually I have never heard of anyone getting a bad deal from any of the sellers around here.

The point is to take advantage of the benefits the forum affords you, one of which is a safe enviornment to buy your goodies without fear of kerosene soaked or shoddy blanks.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by Jarheaded

Are you going to repost this weekly? It may help, but most likely won't....LOL

Nah George will forget that he ever posted this until someone posts about getting burned.:D

CrazyBear

Guys..when I started out I was buying some wood from ebay. You gotta read the fine print in a lot of cases. ie. a nice pic of what looked like decent sized yew logs turned out to be a close up of 1" dia sticks.looking closely it was all there in the description but I didnt realise that until I made my (winning) bid.

The only problem I have had on here was when a sender (unknowing of the consequences)marked the package higher than I had actually paid for the wood. It cost me another $34 to retrieve the package from the post office. Other than that ALL the sellers I have dealt with on here have been first class and the wood is ALWAYS as described.

I no longer even bother visiting ebay these days

wickford

can anyone post links to river ridge and "Ed" for acrylics?

I'm still finding my way around here and would like to support the folks here when I need to purchase blanks...

Thanks!!

Texatdurango

Originally posted by wickford

can anyone post links to river ridge and "Ed" for acrylics?
Hi Wickford,
Here is River Ridge's website: http://www.rrpwhite.com/index.html

To give you an idea of what some of their blanks look like, here is a post I did a few months ago showing some of their colors: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30160

As far as Ed goes, well his member name is ed4copies. Just browse the forums and you'll spot his posts, he's pretty <s>active</s> gabby so won't be hard to spot. Just look for large multicolored fonts with lots of misspelled words and you've found your man.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Jarheaded

Are you going to repost this weekly? It may help, but most likely won't....LOL

Someone else said this first, I think it was Navy Diver:

<center>
"We call them SLOW LEARNERS!!"
</center>

Russianwolf

I use ebay ONLY for woods that I can't get here. Mainly for stuff that is sourced in Ireland which appeals to a certain group that I fequently deal with.

Anyone can get Spalted Beech, but when you can say Spalted Beech from Portglenone forest, it adds something to some people.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
PM sent to Wickford.

For you "others", send me an e-mail through the forum software and I can reply with an attachment of my CATalog.

This shows the acrylics, celluloids and polyresins that I import from Europe. Also, if you need help with ANY plastic, my phone number is on the reply. Call me, we can discuss what you are doing that makes your plastic break. Even if it was NOT my plastic - I have turned them all and I can recommend good sources (other than me) for the ones I like.

Top Bottom