Here they are; pens #4 - #8

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Crosspost from another site, sorry but I didn't wanna type that all over again...:redface:

Some of you saw my posting of the first three pens I ever turned. They were for my 3 kids after a lesson from TowMater. They were all acrylics. Well, here are my next 5. I did them all in about 5 hours tonight.

Bracketing the middle three are two 30-06 bullet pens made from acrylic. THey have the bullets themselves and a cool clip in the shape of a rifle. These are going to be gifts for my FIL and a good friend- both of them are avid shooters (although their enthusiasm is much greater than their accuracy
yellowlaugh.gif
).

In the center are (from top to bottom);
Funline twist- speckled acrylic with copper kit
Funline twist- spalted maple with silver kit
Comfort grip - acrylic with brass kit (special request from SWMBO)

My pic is horrible- I'll have to work on that...
yellowsad.gif

For your perusal:

PC240224-1.jpg

Gregory of TheVortexHasGotMeTheVortexHasGotMe Forest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Wow,, apparently these are worse than I thought... scaring away the comments.:eek:

It's okay guys, blast 'em! I need the critiques to improve.

Gregory of GettingTheSilentTreatment Forest

Woody,
yup- I really need a photo lesson. New camera and I can't even set the white balance on it. Haven't bothered to read the instructions. Anyone tutor me on an Olympus 570UZ ?

Thanks!

rdunn12

Yeah they look good as far as I can see.The bullet pens are cool.Would be nice if the pic was better.Send them to me and I will take some pics for ya.:biggrin:I will send them back I promise.:biggrin::biggrin:

rdunn12

Hehe Woody your pens are in route.Santa is bringing them back to ya as per our agreement for the cheapest shipping.Oh wait,nevermind he is'nt stopping at your house.Evidently,you have been bad.

Rudy-
Thanks, I haven't been to that area. Once I get better at pics, I'll drop a few there.

All those pens are now at new homes, the reactions were fun. If I explained how they are made once, I explained it a hundred times.

Gregory of ItsFunHavingALittleTalent Forest

randyrls

Greg; For your 4-8th pen, these are excellent. Need better photos though. each pen should be by itself and the white balance could be better.

I would look for the manufacturers web site. Most of the makers post the user manuals for cameras online in PDF form. The great thing about these is you can enlarge the pages til you can read the writing on the pages.

Hope this helps...

woody350ep

amazing how many times you can explain the process for making one, yet they know nothing more of it when you are done explaining it lol. They THINK they get it, but they have no idea

woody350ep

yeah, I am talking about telling some family members though, not potential customers that would steal the thunder lol. I would never tell anyone that I would see as a threat, only people that have never touched a tool haha

Top Bottom