HERD FOLLOWERS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildman

Herd followers whether talking about pen turners or any other crafts people starting out tend to follow the herd. Initially most of us fall into the herd follower category. Basically talking about the process of acquiring tools, equipment, accessories and skills to turn pens.

Whether a person stays with or leaves the herd entirely different discussion. I am more into woodturning and occasional pen turner and still a herd follower.

Copycat, an obnoxious individual who, sickly, gets off on copying, imitating, emulating, simulating or miming the words, gestures and expressions of another individual. The copycat becomes easily amused and the other individual feels like sticking their foot in said copycat's ass. Typical of 6 year olds but not uncommon in adult too!

Yes, there are copycats here read this thread and see if agree with what original poster had to say about advice provided.

"I figure the real dimensions are protected, but for those who have made similar versions... what have you seen for diagrams?"

He actually wanted the exact dimensions! Not sure but do not think this person still here!

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f30/dimensions-easywood-handles-118826/

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Personally...I'd rather pull an extra shift or avoid the 8 a week Starbucks to buy one rather than making my own. If it was a true wood turner, wouldn't they make their own handle regardless? Or are they one of the "Tell-Me-How-To-Do-It" crowd that want's everything handed to them with out the effort. Do it and learn...JMHO

Last edited:

TonyL

I am in the tell-me-how-to-do-it crowd (orally or in writing....I usually ask several times, because I didn't understand or I wasn't listening as attentively as I should have........I may even check the library afterwards), then sometimes, I add the my own effort and customize it as I gain experience. I like that crowd and I look forward to sharing my knowledge, or the knowledge I gain from others with others. I have met some incredibly helpful people - they are either my friends, or masochists. :): regardless, they help me.

I think many in that crowd don't mind it when their questions go un-responded to.
We are all somehow bound by our "love" for pen and other goods-turning....without that there is less chance of my meeting and talking to such great people.

I don't mind it if I am not a true wood turner as long as can keep turning.

Enjoy the rest of this beautiful weekend. It's beautiful in GA :).

sbell111

Herd followers whether talking about pen turners or any other crafts people starting out tend to follow the herd. Initially most of us fall into the herd follower category. Basically talking about the process of acquiring tools, equipment, accessories and skills to turn pens.

Whether a person stays with or leaves the herd entirely different discussion. I am more into woodturning and occasional pen turner and still a herd follower.

Copycat, an obnoxious individual who, sickly, gets off on copying, imitating, emulating, simulating or miming the words, gestures and expressions of another individual. The copycat becomes easily amused and the other individual feels like sticking their foot in said copycat's ass. Typical of 6 year olds but not uncommon in adult too!

Yes, there are copycats here read this thread and see if agree with what original poster had to say about advice provided.

"I figure the real dimensions are protected, but for those who have made similar versions... what have you seen for diagrams?"

He actually wanted the exact dimensions! Not sure but do not think this person still here!

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f30/dimensions-easywood-handles-118826/
Given that you took your shot at the guy in that old thread, why did you dredge the issue back up now? Are you just trolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom